Bullnose beads

Members online

for a very short time ,years ago, we used a bullnose angle trowel and a bullnose twitcher.
people did not like the windows in bullnose it looked to much like a tv screen, which were rounded at the time.
the bullnose internals were a problem for the carpenter to fit skirting boards.
You get a lot of old bullnose internal that transition into a right angle at the bottom.

I’ve got to agree with gibbo. Stop beads a stop bead. A bell bead is a bell bead. I’ve never asked for a stop bead hoping to get a bellcast.

• Agree
Reactions: Djr
I’ve got to agree with gibbo. Stop beads a stop bead. A bell bead is a bell bead. I’ve never asked for a stop bead hoping to get a bellcast.
Have a look at the link at the end of the last page, it’s a render stop bead not a stop bead if that makes sense

Whats the crack with these just been told all the windows are having these was going to put a normal bead on the head the the 2 on the sides would this look right anyone got any pics thanks

If you cut the bead with a miter saw you can get very tight joints. If you don't want to use one of those you can get by marking the bead with a speed square and cutting it by hand. Personally I don't mess with the bead much unless u have to and just do them by hand using a bullnose corner tool. My favorite radius side is 1/4" but have done everything from 1/8 to 3/4 and it works great. (Very straight and consistent with a little practice and base coat)

Here's an example from last week.

Attachments

• 20190111_121646.jpg
    20190111_121646.jpg
    846.5 KB · Views: 219
  • 20190110_172533.jpg
    20190110_172533.jpg
    714 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
You get a lot of old bullnose internal that transition into a right angle at the bottom.

yes that was a birds beak angle.
the ones we did were just bullnose internals, to float and set a 2 bed bungalow we got £35, so you had to jump about a bit !

yes that was a birds beak angle.
the ones we did were just bullnose internals, to float and set a 2 bed bungalow we got £35, so you had to jump about a bit !
Cheers for that, you learn something new everyday, I had no idea that it had name.