Cash

Members online

I’ve usually priced for them to say something like that anyway so say pay me how you like bud! It might be a trick inland revenue are honey trapping plasterers I heard:censored:

Just picked up a £7000 job he said knock £500 off and he will pay it all in cash. Wot would you do.
it depends on his situation, if he is a builder then i would take his offer. if he is a private client who is going to pay by internet banking try to settle for £250 discount. the client is fishing for a discount, and cash is king.

How many weeks work is that, that you have to explain to the inland revenue that you didn’t work for, if you were to be investigated. Would you not still be filling your van each week from your business account? Not worth it.

I've yet to know any spread that get checked (y)

@tapit
hector.jpg

hope you told them to f**k off
Two of them came to my house. They do that so that they can see how you live. What you drive, and what you’ve got. They can then ask to see receipts for stuff and check your bank statements to see if it was paid for from there.
I told the senior investigator that he was a bit of a c**t, and the other that he looked like the singer from Erasure, which he did.

Two of them came to my house. They do that so that they can see how you live. What you drive, and what you’ve got. They can then ask to see receipts for stuff and check your bank statements to see if it was paid for from there.
I told the senior investigator that he was a bit of a c**t, and the other that he looked like the singer from Erasure, which he did.
Well i.d be f**k*d as i couldnt find a reciept for tesco from yesterday . My books are a disgrace. Think some are in loft some in shed some in van

I'm paranoid about HMRC; My parents got investigated when my dad forgot to list a PO book with his police disability pension in it (£700/year FFS). Never fiddled their little shop books even a little bit.
Got a massive bill, "must be on the fiddle because everyone else was, and they couldn't live on what they were taking out of the business" - per Tony M experience.
Fact was they were, lived like paupers, no hols or treats, make do and mend - Tax man had a posh car, hols away, credit cards etc.. On appeal he realised he'd cocked up, halved it unable to scrap it as he'd "booked" recovery with his managers. Told them to retire and no -one would look at their books again before they did, wink fckng wink.
Emotionally broke them, so little money in retail there wasn't much to take out, retired 2 yrs later.

I'm paranoid about HMRC; My parents got investigated when my dad forgot to list a PO book with his police disability pension in it (£700/year FFS). Never fiddled their little shop books even a little bit.
Got a massive bill, "must be on the fiddle because everyone else was, and they couldn't live on what they were taking out of the business" - per Tony M experience.
Fact was they were, lived like paupers, no hols or treats, make do and mend - Tax man had a posh car, hols away, credit cards etc.. On appeal he realised he'd cocked up, halved it unable to scrap it as he'd "booked" recovery with his managers. Told them to retire and no -one would look at their books again before they did, wink fckng wink.
Emotionally broke them, so little money in retail there wasn't much to take out, retired 2 yrs later.
Wankers

we have been investigated by tax and VAT.
the tax reason was the amount of properties that was owned by my brother and myself. the investigation took around 3 years . we lost our tax repayments . they would have held more of our taxes if we had not ceased our plastering partnership.
the VAT investigation was over building land that we had been trading.
because the land sales turnover was higher then our plastering business turnover, and because we were VAT registered that meant that VAT was due on all of our land sales. the bill for this was in the tens of thousands.
so from this i learned never invest in something with a deed of ownership, log book etc.

Don't think they bought a bungalow just to trap a spread. I'll have my usual bank transfer every Friday .cash for final payment. Empty property.start next week. 5 minutes from home.
You can start a 7k job at a week's notice? Sounds like you've had a right touch if you were that quiet

Don't think they bought a bungalow just to trap a spread. I'll have my usual bank transfer every Friday .cash for final payment. Empty property.start next week. 5 minutes from home.
They don't have to buy a bungalow they can work for them and be grass. As they say you don't know who's who. In day of age you can't get away whith much

Your right robo I was quiet Put lots of quotes out .now there all getting in touch and accepting. That causes problems when you're booked solid for 3months .