Cost to plaster a ceiling

Members online

There are some right tight arses out there . Went to price a job up other day . Nice house two new Audi’s on the drive . I done some work before for this guy and already knew he was tight . He rang me other day and I went to look at a bedroom he started decorating. One wall about 3.5m long to reskim and another wall where plaster has blown off latts needed to be chopped off boarded and skimmed and about 4m of coving to go up . Price was £300 inc materials. His jaw dropped said he’d think about it and never got back to me . Yet he eas
Telling how he spent 2k on a fricken whirlpool bath

There are some right tight arses out there . Went to price a job up other day . Nice house two new Audi’s on the drive . I done some work before for this guy and already knew he was tight . He rang me other day and I went to look at a bedroom he started decorating. One wall about 3.5m long to reskim and another wall where plaster has blown off latts needed to be chopped off boarded and skimmed and about 4m of coving to go up . Price was £300 inc materials. His jaw dropped said he’d think about it and never got back to me . Yet he eas

Mad aint it. Funny when their face drops tho

Must be tight as that's good price

Must be tight as that's good price
Just a steady day for me and lad plus materials . I sometimes don’t understand what people expect . They were desperate to get it sorted too so I even offered to work Sunday .

Just a steady day for me and lad plus materials . I sometimes don’t understand what people expect . They were desperate to get it sorted too so I even offered to work Sunday .
On the other hand i quotes up a nasty staircase the other day which I really wasn’t bothered about so priced accordingly. I didn’t think they would have it done they looked looked like time wasters to be honest . They rang me back a day later and told me to book it in . Obviously had other quotes

How much knocking off was there. I take a joey day before if any to do. Can't cope with dust . Leave em to it for day

What I’m getting at is a price is what someone’s willing to pay . Some people are happy to spend 1k on a new tv but scrimp on other things . But others know how much hard work plastering is and think it’s value for money .

What I’m getting at is a price is what someone’s willing to pay . Some people are happy to spend 1k on a new tv but scrimp on other things . But others know how much hard work plastering is and think it’s value for money .
Could offer me 500 to knock that wall of and I.ll happily let someone else do it. Ate enough dust in my time lol

Done a job for a old couple in northwitch me and my cousin who is no longer on the tools dont really like working with him as i think he's too cheap but he trained me up so i do.he charged 400 quid for a small living room customer bought materials 6 bags unibond and skim finished for 2 they gave us an extra 100 and insisted on us taking it.the difference in some people.

He’d spend more than that on a carpet and change it after a few years or on wallpapering and decorating then change that after a year or so but something expected to last for ever they want to pay 50 p for

Funny enough I priced a little domestic job last night, dont price many but came to 47m one room and we charge A tenner a metre going over old s**t so said 500 notes with the mats and her jaw hit the floor and said she had a quote a lot less than that (320),so I left thinking no chance of getting that 1 and she phone me a hour later telling me she’s gonna go with my quote purely on my professionalism.how do I like that one lumpy Lurpak

This job would be a doddle. It's already boarded so the room is likely empty. It's board, so no scraping or pva etc. I'd put a sheet down and mix up and go.

Put it on, lay down same mix. load van. tidy. finish ceiling. gone. 2.5 hours MAX. I'd aim for 2.

Materials are loaded at the start of the week, I've always got a few bags in the van so would be fine for this bag n a half ceiling.

I get alot of patching/small jobs which I try to put all in on 1 day, so I'd look at doing that ceiling in the morning then going to another small job or prep a bigger one.

After everything I'd walk away with 200 min, then go to another job.

U have not taken in the time of priceing the job. Then u have to get your water in tools in sheet up. Scrim up. Mix. Get it on find somewhere to wash out. Clean up. Put tools back in the van. Plus the time talking s**t to the client when you get there to do it. It's around 4 hours.

U have not taken in the time of priceing the job. Then u have to get your water in tools in sheet up. Scrim up. Mix. Get it on find somewhere to wash out. Clean up. Put tools back in the van. Plus the time talking s**t to the client when you get there to do it. It's around 4 hours.
Or the skim could hang around for 4 hours

I quote 80% of my work via whatsapp mate. I get em to send me pics/videos of the job. Only really go n see full houses.

Doing domestic min 5 days a week for a lot of years aslong as that ceiling boarded properly im gone in 2.5hrs max.

My vans loaded before I’ve finished plastering.

Funny enough I priced a little domestic job last night, dont price many but came to 47m one room and we charge A tenner a metre going over old s**t so said 500 notes with the mats and her jaw hit the floor and said she had a quote a lot less than that (320),so I left thinking no chance of getting that 1 and she phone me a hour later telling me she’s gonna go with my quote purely on my professionalism.how do I like that one lumpy Lurpak

I like it alot. I’ve said many times I’m probably never the cheapest quote but land nearly all the jobs i quote in person. Not every customer wants the cheapest. Infact, it can put them off

Rd sees
Yes I looked at one they spent 10,000grand on kichen they was a little wall they did not plaster I said 80pounds she said I'll thing about it

It all boils down to the fact that we work in a free market. The tradesmen is free to charge as much as they likeven and the client is free to accept the price or not accept the price .

Rd sees

Yes I looked at one they spent 10,000grand on kichen they was a little wall they did not plaster I said 80pounds she said I'll thing about it
She mite as well have f**k**g stab my in the f**k**g heart the bitch

She mite as well have f**k**g stab my in the f**k**g heart the bitch

This one of yours andy? To think, somone uses that picture to advertise.

Look at the f**k**g floor
071FB33B-6A8B-44DE-A182-E78DC963D96A.jpeg

Real dons don’t drop any
Lol if . Don’t know what it is but if I’m working in a showroom condition house i always seem to drop a bit in the worst place you
Can image . But if I’m working in a shithole then im spotless