coursers & chancers prove me wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

uni-king

Private Member
Rite lads as you will know from my previous threads I think all gold trowel courses and what not should be closed down as I think its a big con taking money from people and giving them false hope I've just been reading thru thread of plastering courses etc and I've seen threads where people are saying I'm half way thru my 6 week course so now looking for a van so can start up to me this is f**k**g ridiculous..any lads out there who have literally started a course with no previous plastering experience and made it as a full time plasterer? And plasterer not a handy man as I just cant see 1 person achieving It or and no bullshitters!!

I've seen Danny on a past threw saying he did gold trowel but he wrked with 2 plasterers for 2 years b4..i mean straight to a course with no experience at all theres 1 guy who put he's looking for a van as he's nearly finished his course and he mite be able to throw sum work to another trainee its fcking laughable

I've seen Danny on a past threw saying he did gold trowel but he wrked with 2 plasterers for 2 years b4..i mean straight to a course with no experience at all theres 1 guy who put he's looking for a van as he's nearly finished his course and he mite be able to throw sum work to another trainee its fcking laughable
Think most will get where you coming from but doubt this thread is going to do much to regulate the trade.think it's something that alot would like to see (like Danny said)skills tested but I wouldn't know how that all gets sorted.maybe others do?

Think most will get where you coming from but doubt this thread is going to do much to regulate the trade.think it's something that alot would like to see (like Danny said)skills tested but I wouldn't know how that all gets sorted.maybe others do?
I want the lads to cum on this thread whos done the course way I'm not wanting genuine spreads to come on as there's no point as I wudnt its aimed at people who have done a course and still going strong plasterman that's who I want replys from pal as there's loads on this forum this thread is aimed at them I.e Asda frankk

I did a 5 day course in Yeovil.

I worked in the building industry as a labourer since I left school in 84. When I decided to get a trade I wanted to be a spread-plenty of domestic and you don't get rained off etc. I couldn't get a start with any of my plastering mates though (reputation as a piss head and a bit of a waster) so I did a course. Having done the course I got a start with some mates though and spent a year or so learning how to do it properly. Worked as a sole trader for the best part of 10 years now.

90% of my work is repeat work subbing for small builders/bathroom fitters etc the rest is word of mouth domestics. Never been the fastest but reliable and clean. Semi retired now.

Nice 1 pug just want to hear positive story's from it as I tear my hair out wen sum1 says I'm selling my grandmother to pay for a course etc just feel sorry for poor f**k**s

Also... did on site assessment for my NVQ2. Bit of a joke though to be honest. If you could get your gear off your hawk without dropping any you passed.

I did a 3 week course with goldtrowel.
Always done building work, well with little stints of disruptions. After the course worked for a builder full time for just over a year, picked up loads there from an older chap working alongside him, then went on my own when had enough of the builders bullsh!t. On my own about 4 years now.
I only went and done the course as materials and backgrounds are different so as building methods in Hungary where I'm from.
Got a few returning customers, work with a spark regularly too.
Most of my work is full refurbs from start to finish commercial and residential. I don't bother to work for builders anymore as most of them a waste of space.
I worked with a few time served spreads some good some absolute joke.
I understand the hate towards the courses, there's a fair bit of applicant who never seen a tape measure let alone trowel. Thing is that when you older and got family to support and you change careers it's not the easiest to go down the apprentice route as the loss of money can hit you hard. I think I'm ok, haven't had a comeback yet (knock on wood). I probably wouldn't last a day on site but it was never my intention to do site work.

I did read one of our esteemed members on here, now im mentioning no names to protect the guilty.
Had priced some microcement up for a customer but being clueless had also had to price the cost of the training course in to the job.
So the customer is paying well over the odds to have a Herbert from Bristol practicing in their house, he's probably also got the customer to pay for the course directly to keep him under the vat threshold (y).

I did read one of our esteemed members on here, now im mentioning no names to protect the guilty.
Had priced some microcement up for a customer but being clueless had also had to price the cost of the training course in to the job.
So the customer is paying well over the odds to have a Herbert from Bristol practicing in their house, he's probably also got the customer to pay for the course directly to keep him under the vat threshold (y).

I priced a Ritmo into one of my jobs not a course, didn't bother with micro cement in the end to niche market for me.

N
Name and shame!

N
Name and shame!

Everyone has to start somewhere
Granted..its mainly aimed at people who live in cloud cookoo land like the bloke who was half way thru a 6 week course and he was buying a van and telling another courser he mite be able to throw sum work his way after being in a 3 week course I s**t u not..fair to say he hasn't been on here since feb 2015 so looks like it worked out..he sold all his stuff in his house aswell to pay for the course do u not think that's wrong

Everyone has to start somewhere
Granted..its mainly aimed at people who live in cloud cookoo land like the bloke who was half way thru a 6 week course and he was buying a van and telling another courser he mite be able to throw sum work his way after being in a 3 week course I s**t u not..fair to say he hasn't been on here since feb 2015 so looks like it worked out..he sold all his stuff in his house aswell to pay for the course

Granted..its mainly aimed at people who live in cloud cookoo land like the bloke who was half way thru a 6 week course and he was buying a van and telling another courser he mite be able to throw sum work his way after being in a 3 week course I s**t u not..fair to say he hasn't been on here since feb 2015 so looks like it worked out..he sold all his stuff in his house aswell to pay for the course
That riled up you said it twice:)

Rite lads as you will know from my previous threads I think all gold trowel courses and what not should be closed down as I think its a big con taking money from people and giving them false hope I've just been reading thru thread of plastering courses etc and I've seen threads where people are saying I'm half way thru my 6 week course so now looking for a van so can start up to me this is f**k**g ridiculous..any lads out there who have literally started a course with no previous plastering experience and made it as a full time plasterer? And plasterer not a handy man as I just cant see 1 person achieving It or and no bullshitters!!
Why go through life worried and getting annoyed what other spreads do
If your a decent spread and busy get on with it and stop winging

I know what your saying, I've seen loads of them saying there spreads after a whatever week course. But some tight c---ts don't mind paying sh-t money for sh-t work ! Let them crack on ! All I care about is me getting plenty of work! Everyone else can fist there own arse holes !!

I know what your saying, I've seen loads of them saying there spreads after a whatever week course. But some tight c---ts don't mind paying sh-t money for sh-t work ! Let them crack on ! All I care about is me getting plenty of work! Everyone else can fist there own arse holes !!

Why go through life worried and getting annoyed what other spreads do
If your a decent spread and busy get on with it and stop winging
Who's winging I'm c ing if there's actually people who do the courses and make it as spreads which there is as pug is..ive never met a courser so this is only place I can ask as there's a few on here I've just put examples of what a courser has said that's not whinging..

Thats absolutely right Everyone does have to start somewhere.
I'm just not sure that, that somewhere should be unsupervised in the home of someone who's paying top dollar for a competent tradesman.
That's fraud in my opinion.

Who's winging I'm c ing if there's actually people who do the courses and make it as spreads which there is as pug is..ive never met a courser so this is only place I can ask as there's a few on here I've just put examples of what a courser has said that's not whinging..

How you know coursers are so bad if you never even met one before.

How you know coursers are so bad if you never even met one before.
Because I know how bad id be after doing only a course..going off topic here im asking about past coursers who have made It as a spread..I havnt started a thread saying I believe all coursers are s**t..cant wait to get bk to work and gym opens again so I can go cold turkey on this forum lol..

Was it that @RobJack the sneaky so and so lol :risas:

I worked with 2 spreads for 2 years and what not... I would have loved to do a "proper" apprenticeship but it was not available and colleges were not interested in me...

The truth is most courses do not produce competition... maybe 1 person a month will break away and make a living from it.

Also very few students that go through the college route carry on to make plasterers.... Whats more worrying is that a Level 3 student can pretty much turn around and go and become a teacher at college... work that one out... How someone with 3 years college is in a position to teach its a joke.,..

I worked with 2 spreads for 2 years and what not... I would have loved to do a "proper" apprenticeship but it was not available and colleges were not interested in me...

The truth is most courses do not produce competition... maybe 1 person a month will break away and make a living from it.

Also very few students that go through the college route carry on to make plasterers.... Whats more worrying is that a Level 3 student can pretty much turn around and go and become a teacher at college... work that one out... How someone with 3 years college is in a position to teach its a joke.,..
Decent wonga aswell isn't it teaching at college? Over £30,000 a year I think at Leeds college not bad to say there dnt do much

I did........................Done a 6 week plastering course as part of my resettlement from leaving the army 2005 and been self employed since 2006. Place was called PATS in Salisbury The plastering & Artexing Training school.

It was quite new back then but companies were sprouting up all over the country as the building trade was booming. They were cashing in big time from ex military it was the " Can't get a tradesmen for love or money" plasterers were getting £ 150-£200 a day up here now bother. I will conceed that my brother -in-law was a plasterer and i didnt work for him for 6 months doing conservatories when i left. did plenty agency graft before going it alone, started of doing small jobs and working with other spreads till i could handle bigger jobs

The qual i got was the old C&G ICA intermediate construction award Plastering covered way more stuff than the apprentice i took on doing his NVQ. he did zero rendering/fiborous/eml.

http://www.plastering-artexing-training-school.co.uk/

The company went under in the recession, not many survived i don't think. Able skills was another company.

https://www.ctp.org.uk/resettlement-courses/searchresults

May be @Danny can do an expose on my for plasterers news...............(y)

when i was ringing around for a job i couldn't get a start because i didnt have the years in the trade even though i had a recognised qual so it was a bit of a catch 22.

Clearly i knew f**k all after 6 weeks but i didnt know any better and like mentioned we all have to start somewhere. What i lacked in trade skill i made up for in life skills and bumming jokes

I did........................Done a 6 week plastering course as part of my resettlement from leaving the army 2005 and been self employed since 2006. Place was called PATS in Salisbury The plastering & Artexing Training school.

It was quite new back then but companies were sprouting up all over the country as the building trade was booming. They were cashing in big time from ex military it was the " Can't get a tradesmen for love or money" plasterers were getting £ 150-£200 a day up here now bother. I will conceed that my brother -in-law was a plasterer and i didnt work for him for 6 months doing conservatories when i left. did plenty agency graft before going it alone, started of doing small jobs and working with other spreads till i could handle bigger jobs

The qual i got was the old C&G ICA intermediate construction award Plastering covered way more stuff than the apprentice i took on doing his NVQ. he did zero rendering/fiborous/eml.

http://www.plastering-artexing-training-school.co.uk/

The company went under in the recession, not many survived i don't think. Able skills was another company.

https://www.ctp.org.uk/resettlement-courses/searchresults

May be @Danny can do an expose on my for plasterers news...............(y)

when i was ringing around for a job i couldn't get a start because i didnt have the years in the trade even though i had a recognised qual so it was a bit of a catch 22.

Clearly i knew f**k all after 6 weeks but i didnt know any better and like mentioned we all have to start somewhere. What i lacked in trade skill i made up for in life skills and bumming jokes
And now your a machine guy !! bloody respect to you John ,hope you have a good 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.