Daylight site light type thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincey

Private Member
Been looking for a big white light for work now it's getting darker in afternoon in rooms...I got a square defender thing from screw fix it's the right kind of light but want a bigger one ...240 not 110 ..any suggestions?

I spent 70 on a defender the big rocket launcher to bulky to lump around !them small faithfull ones 30pound just as bright don't be put of cos there small.

I tried all sorts after getting fed up changing bulbs in halogen lamps then I read a simple trick on here, take the glass out and bulbs last much much longer. Halogen all the way through winter for me

I tried all sorts after getting fed up changing bulbs in halogen lamps then I read a simple trick on here, take the glass out and bulbs last much much longer. Halogen all the way through winter for me
Thanks

I have a few halogens and a defender flouro 2foot ish with two flouro tubes and110v sockets,the right type of light as you say but not quite bright enough.i do have two more that are smaller and link up to it but will have to find them out and give them a go.

I have a few halogens and a defender flouro 2foot ish with two flouro tubes and110v sockets,the right type of light as you say but not quite bright enough.i do have two more that are smaller and link up to it but will have to find them out and give them a go.
Ideally the light is right ..it's not shadowy like halogen just not big enough to fill the whole room with brightness without having a light that is to big and gets in the way or loads of little ones...today mixed last one at 1pm it was just to dark by 2pm in the room started getting sad disease..came out at 3.30pm and it was still nice daylight ...plastering I say to my mrs is 'it's to hot in the summer and to dark and cold in the winter'...she says well u ain't just working 2 months of the year..:llorando:

I absolutely detest Halogens, always a shadow in front of you on the wall, as well as the bulbs going.
I've used the big fluorescent ones for the last three years and haven't looked back, stand them up in a corner and they will light up the biggest rooms, about £30 and still got the original bulbs in.
Can buy whatever length of cable with when you get it too, (I get 10m) not like halogen where you have to plug in three feet away.
Get the plastic casing one like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a couple of these 144w florescents there a much better light to work In then the blinding glare of a halogen.

I absolutely detest Halogens, always a shadow in front of you on the wall, as well as the bulbs going.
I've used the big fluorescent ones for the last three years and haven't looked back, stand them up in a corner and they will light up the biggest rooms, about £30 and still got the original bulbs in.
Can buy whatever length of cable with when you get it too, (I get 10m) not like halogen where you have to plug in three feet away.

this is what I have,one stand up yellow one and two like yours that attach to it,will give them all a go together and see how I go.

Where do u buy them

That looks good I check it out today..thanks

Anyone know where these ones are from ..think this is what I been after..

You should get them in any electrical wholesaler at all. I buy them off the shelf in an 'expert' franchise store. ( Irish lads will know what I mean)
Should be able to buy in most places in UK.
They are over 4 FT long, I thought the bulbs would smash like feck but it's slid down the wall to bang on the floor many a time and the bulbs still going [emoji106]
You'd need about 10 of them small ones to equal the light these provide to be fair

Last edited:
You should get them in any electrical wholesaler at all. I buy them off the shelf in an 'expert' franchise store. ( Irish lads will know what I mean)
Should be able to buy in most places in UK.
They are over 4 FT long, I thought the bulbs would smash like feck but it's slid down the wall to bang on the floor many a time and the bulbs still going [emoji106]
You'd need about 10 of them small ones to equal the light these provide to be fair

Thanks

Got light sorted today went with bigk suggested but would like to say thanks to everyone who suggested...i nearly got these of ebay but didn't have room in my van..

Said it before on here if using halogens use a reflector ie a piece of kingspan or foil backed board takes all the harshness out of them, i now have a couple of them silver reflector rolls that you put in car windscreens to stop your car baking on a sunny day. I also have some LED fog lamps from ebay and these work a treat also (y)

Good little comparison he does there between a few different lights. Wish he had stayed on the forum. Might get some of them leds. Be good for under stairs and things like that.

When you wach his vids on youtube they are under the comedy category for some reason. Thousand subscribers now danny:whistle: Its like friends reunited and facebook. They just didnt see it coming.

Never used led,used to use halogens but fed up with the bulbs blowing, I now just use inspection lamps. Clip on anywhere and the bulbs don't blow they last ages.

I looked at those @plasjack but hesitated, have you had them long?

I have 1 and it lights the whole room.. They don't get hot and the bulbs last a good while!

They don't get real hot either unlike the halogens..

Had it about 12 months now well worth the money would recommend to anyone [emoji108][emoji108]

Good little comparison he does there between a few different lights. Wish he had stayed on the forum. Might get some of them leds. Be good for under stairs and things like that.

When you wach his vids on youtube they are under the comedy category for some reason. Thousand subscribers now danny:whistle: Its like friends reunited and facebook. They just didnt see it coming.
Bloke was fine but took himself far too seriously like he was the messiah of the plastering world, so obviously he got the piss ripped then spat his dummy out ,guys.
Not exactly the way to go about getting on with everyone or anyone and that would happen on here , on site or down the pub.

Status
Not open for further replies.