distemper on ceilings question

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

les127

hi,ive a few ceilings to do next week,and as said,there is distemper on them,some one suggested using stabilex (a binding agent) on them first ,letting it dry,then pva them afterwards,im nor prepared to start washing them down,as someone suggested.or is there another binding agent you could recommend a si am finding it difficult to get the stabilex in middlesbrough.cheers lads

and i take it ,its ok for you when youve used it jessop,do you know its correct name mate,and thanks for prompt reply

has been so far but you need to let it dry and its not nice to skim can go a bit greasy troweling up.

i dont think theres a need to mate,ceilings are reasonable condition,that would be the easy option for me,i know lol

i dont think theres a need to mate,ceilings are reasonable condition,that would be the easy option for me,i know lol

overboard every time on disterper, why take any risk? it will only come back and bite you.

overboard every time on disterper, why take any risk? it will only come back and bite you.
You can get it on solid walls also though, I have always scraped it off, an easier way with stabilizer would be welcome, yes, over boarding has many things to like about it

You can get it on solid walls also though, I have always scraped it off, an easier way with stabilizer would be welcome, yes, over boarding has many things to like about it

i do not think that i have seen a wall that has been skimmed over distemper fail.
but i have seen ceilings skimmed over distemper fail.

I indicated to you Ryan on another thread to use WBA after the stabilex had dried would be ok if that's all you had on site. If you had PvA then this is ok too but I would always use Betakontakt as this thread has said there are a few ceilings to do. The advantage of the PvA would to be to finish one or two earlier.

If ceiling is yellow causing by heavy smoking - will WBA sort out?

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile ApptAp!

Don't WBA Ryan!! Have you not learned anything yet lad!!?? Slop IMO mixed with OTT and Bobs your uncle and Fannys your aunt here they are ...
attachment.php

Status
Not open for further replies.