do any of you self-employed guys use

Staff online

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they are not going to pay .terms and conditions will make no odds

well if you state you want full payment within two-week's ,and they the customer engages your services then they agree to your terms ,so must pay you within two weeks ........

i use small works contracts for decent size jobs........jobs as in work not jobs as in poo's...................:RpS_thumbup:

Malc right ,say you want payment when you finish ,when my Mrs goes to Tesco and the food goes down the line ,she does not say "i will put a check in the post "

On my invoices i have payment due upon completion. If you dont put something like that people just take the piss. People seem to think tradesman are a bloody credit facility. I had this with a customer the other day who decided to leave it two weeks before paying up. When i phoned him chasing the money he sounded surprised when i said about bills still coming in even when money doesnt. Wanksta!!!!!!

Malc right ,say you want payment when you finish ,when my Mrs goes to Tesco and the food goes down the line ,she does not say "i will put a check in the post "

we are small time just myself and my youngest son he is 40. when i price up work i just write the total price on the back of a business card. all our work is either for previous customers or recommendation, and the customers always pay us on completion sometimes in advance. avoid builders like the plague. we have just 2 builders on our customer base and both bring payment over on the day of completion

no i was just wondering if you all get your money this quickly with small builders and companies you sub -off,we submit a price based on the info given then we do the work we try to get a stage payment then the rest is due within two weeks ,it usually works, but got caught recently as this company came -up with another job in the middle of the big one then sent us on that ,now they wont pay the extras and say we have nothing in writing so i 'am being ripped-off because i have no terms.....really

no i was just wondering if you all get your money this quickly with small builders and companies you sub -off,we submit a price based on the info given then we do the work we try to get a stage payment then the rest is due within two weeks ,it usually works, but got caught recently as this company came -up with another job in the middle of the big one then sent us on that ,now they wont pay the extras and say we have nothing in writing so i 'am being ripped-off because i have no terms.....really

thats the type of thing that would happen to us when we employed about 10 plasterers. you realize that developers and builders are just there to rip you off. that why we are very choosy about our customers

Agree with Malc, had many hand bit once. Now I am choosy about who I work for and often turn work away. You need to stand firm with the bigger firms who wont think twice about sh*tting on you

You have nothing in writing. So - DOUBLE your price and go after the barstewards :RpS_thumbup:

Never take it on the chin.

I invoice and normally get paid prompt however after month we will go and chase it and always get it.

Never take it on the chin.

I invoice and normally get paid prompt however after month we will go and chase it and always get it.

love it ,i thought the same as tickle-arse so i had a peeps at your web-sit expecting to see big fat bold tattooed bouncer types, and there was an old er guy than me ,and a baby-boy lol........

Last edited:
Always payment on completion.
If the job is bigger, then weekly stage payments.
That goes for private customers and builders.

Here's a quote I had for some electrical work in France,
it made me think I really should put something similar on my quotes. :RpS_thumbup:

(Devis is French for estimate)

do any of you self-employed guys use

love it ,i thought the same as tickle-arse so i had a peeps at your web-sit expecting to see big fat bold tattooed bouncer types, and there was an old er guy than me ,and a baby-boy lol........

:RpS_tongue:

You ant seen my brother.

:RpS_tongue:

You ant seen my brother.

is your brother the one who made your website mate? cus if it is he should have spent less time fighting at school and more time learning to spell

innovartive

pre-bagged motor renders

decorartive

Communal passage ways and stairwells will be sprayed with Knauf MP75 which will give much need protection against knocks and scraps

apparance.

Last edited:
think its them west country folk who spell it like that marra..............:RpS_biggrin:

is your brother the one who made your website mate? cus if it is he should have spent less time fighting at school and more time learning to spell

innovartive

pre-bagged motor renders

decorartive

Communal passage ways and stairwells will be sprayed with Knauf MP75 which will give much need protection against knocks and scraps

apparance.

he is DYSLEXIC pmsl!!

innovartive

pre-bagged motor renders

decorartive

apparance.

Thanks will have a look and get them changed

I'm amazed at how many folks spell it plarsterer with an extra r.

Where I live then plarsterer is correct as this is how one would pronounce it. :)
My terms in quotes state a cuppa every half hour, hobnobs optional.
Payment on completion.

My terms in quotes state a cuppa every half hour, hobnobs optional.
Payment on completion.

That's a good idea lol, we did a kitchen once where the customer asked us to put the kettle on for them (brew equipment was in the living room), that's the last we saw of them till the job was finished.. Other jobs your mug is never cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.