Do i need to tape?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

WOOLLSY

Hi,

I have put up a plasterboard wall using dot and dab. The ceiling did not need plastering. Do I need to tape the joint where the new wall meets the old ceiling ?

If so Is there a way to do it without making the existing ceiling look to messy?

Cheers.

Just tape up to the ceiling if there's any gaps skim it and if you're not happy after run a bead of caulking along it. Don't see the point in taping onto the ceiling then cutting it back after

Well Beddy, thats the trouble with you guys who lack experience,live and leard and you may turn into a good spread on day.

Hi,

I have put up a plasterboard wall using dot and dab. The ceiling did not need plastering. Do I need to tape the joint where the new wall meets the old ceiling ?

If so Is there a way to do it without making the existing ceiling look to messy?

Cheers.
just run a bit of fibre tape along the ceiling angle and polish it in.

90 percent of the time the board isn't cut perfect so there's a gap and it helps reinforce this gap while youre troweling up, if you carefully trim it off and brush It in you don't see the scrim

Ive scrimmed over the gap many a time but not over a 90 degree corner where t'other surface needs nowt doing to it. Just scrim up to it and mek sure you've got a good bit of scrim with thread right up to the edge if you know what I mean, hate it when scrim edges come away and stay on the roll. anybod else get that?

Hello mate yer if you tape wall and celing youll need to cutoff the scrim on the ceiling after but if you put the tape flat on the wall and butt it up to the ceiling so it touches jobs doe put the kettle on.

we always scrim the ceiling lines and onto the ceiling. caulking out the ceiling so as we can twich the ceiling line.
we always twich out the ceiling lines as it look a lot smarter.

we always scrim the ceiling lines and onto the ceiling. caulking out the ceiling so as we can twich the ceiling line.
we always twich out the ceiling lines as it look a lot smarter.
until it flakes off. caulking is for decoraters, stop nicking ther work. :huh:

Recently there is a few new members that make me feel like I'm on the gold trowel forum.
Agree jb somthing not quite right???? Might be a couple of clowns takin the piss, did Irish not sabotage the tilers forum a while back an got kicked out for takin the piss, maybe same kind of thing

So the caulk doesn't flake off???? I am just guessing

what we do is scrim the ceiling to the wall. apply a thin coat of pva to the ceiling about 6 inches wide. skim the wall and the 6 inch ceiling strip, twitch the ceiling line out. spounge the joint of the strip on the ceiling so that the strip blends in to the finished ceiling. sponge any marks off the ceiling. it will look a smart job try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.