Dot and dab advice

Members online

Hi guys need some advice on some mechanical fixings for the insulated plasterboards that I have now fitted. I bought the insofast fixings but they a bugger to fit I was thinking these, what do you guys recommend:

Thanks in advance

Hi guys need some advice on some mechanical fixings for the insulated plasterboards that I have now fitted. I bought the insofast fixings but they a bugger to fit I was thinking these, what do you guys recommend:

Thanks in advance
Personally I'd buy the Rawlplug version at the top of that page as they'll do the same job at half the price.
Winner winner chicken dinner.

I need the fixings as a secondary fixing aswell as the dabs I used on the wall. So to secure the insulated plasterboard on the wall.

I need the fixings as a secondary fixing aswell as the dabs I used on the wall. So to secure the insulated plasterboard on the wall.
Yes I know mate I've used them myself. Obviously make sure that you use the right ones depending on the thickness of the insulation.

What are the fixings supposed to be for. I been reading and it says it just in case of a fire and they don't fall off. I thought they were to secure the board better so they don't fall off generally, but if they just for in case off a fire I don't see the point. Am I right about that.

For a strong wall studding was done in 4" timber but if you use 2"x2" and fix 18mm osb to it. You still get a good strong wall and the osb will cost you about £23.00. So if your wall is 12 foot then all it will cost you extra is £69.00. Some people say over the top but you could hang anything on it.

I did this in my office so I can hang screens off it :D

What are the fixings supposed to be for. I been reading and it says it just in case of a fire and they don't fall off. I thought they were to secure the board better so they don't fall off generally, but if they just for in case off a fire I don't see the point. Am I right about that.
The fixing are only there to secure the board to the wall in the event of a fire melting the insulation.
We also use the fixings with standard board if going higher than one board e.g. stairwells.

Ain't it for if your hanging tiles as well or you meant to fix normal boards as well for tiles

Hi guys, need some advice on the mechanical fixings I'm buying, I'm buying these to fit:

I'm actually deliberating if the insulated plasterboard need fittings as they have been Dot and dabble and they same pretty solid. What do you guys think would you recommend to fit them.

Also been advised by celotex which insulated boards I'm fitting to fill the joints with joint filler and then tape, but my plasterer saying there is no need we just scrim and skim like the normal plasterboard. What do you guys suggest is the best things to do with the joints on the insulated plasterboard.

Thanks in advance.

Is it true that the only reason for the mechanical fixings is for in case there is a fire.

If its up stairs then i have just fixed with long screws and washers into the wall plate but if down stairs then the recommended fixings should be used but as Jess has said its up to you . It just a belt and braces thing .