Farking chippies!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.B

Called in on a job today (that I'm due to plaster when ready for me) to see how things were coming along, only to find that the chippies on the job have put the covings on and are intending to put the skirtings on too!
Still wound up about it now
What are your thoughts on this as they said to me "well our boss has other plasterers do work for him and they don't mind"
I said "I'm gonna make a start next week so please don't put the skirts on".

get tidy! painters will be more pissed off! working backwards to be honest. sounds like you have stalled them and chippies have got on.

Rip them of when you start
Rip it up and start again.... Song in there somewhere?? :RpS_confused: Can't remember who sang it but sing it anyway when smashing the coving and jimmy barring the skirts off :RpS_laugh:

coving will look crap after you skim it, sounds like they dont know their arse from their elbow, I;d tell them to use the '' plasterers '' that dont mind then...

Rip it up and start again.... Song in there somewhere?? :RpS_confused: Can't remember who sang it but sing it anyway when smashing the coving and jimmy barring the skirts off :RpS_laugh:
Rip it up by edwin Collins group Orange juice

Floated onto some very low suction blocks so was skimming the next day. Went into one room to float and they put the skirting on the walls that I was going to skim in the afternoon! I said to him that 1 the walls were still damp and 2 it's not the correct order for trades. His answer was "Not my problem." Boy do I hate that phrase. :RpS_cursing:

We did a retirement home and the chippies skirted a load of corridors on dabbed wall s before they were skimmed. The agent had told the chippy to do it cause he had the carpet fitter coming. You'll just have to be careful the agent told us. I wished him luck and went home, what a top hat.

Floated onto some very low suction blocks so was skimming the next day. Went into one room to float and they put the skirting on the walls that I was going to skim in the afternoon! I said to him that 1 the walls were still damp and 2 it's not the correct order for trades. His answer was "Not my problem." Boy do I hate that phrase. :RpS_cursing:

That kind of answer/attitude really makes me want to grab the nearest thingvand wrap them over the head with it!! :RpS_mad:

U should have said it will be when I take it off dickhead

I had a stand off with a chippy once!
I had just put a couple of walls on & he showed up to fit a fire door.
After a little chat that involved a lot of prodding from him, he simply lay his door on his hop up's, got his leccy planer out & roughcasted my work with finest Hemlock chippings.

I stole his brand new Makita drill and never went back. Not proud of myself, but I was young & he was a c**t!

joiners only prod once, then its mandatory to knock the fuk outts them.. its ur duty.. i actually pissed on 2 joiners from 6 lifts up yesterday, was an accident didnt realise they were below..

Heard one of our tackers rip into a wood butcher on site a while back. "Call yourself a chippy your,! Your not even a kebab shop you rough c**t". Never heard that before made me smile.

joiners only prod once, then its mandatory to knock the fuk outts them.. its ur duty.. i actually pissed on 2 joiners from 6 lifts up yesterday, was an accident didnt realise they were below..
If you had realised it would have been a shiiite:RpS_thumbup:

just skim up to it if they don't care why should you mate, works work these days. we all know its not right but if you don't plasterer it someone else will and get paid!

just skim up to it if they don't care why should you mate, works work these days. we all know its not right but if you don't plasterer it someone else will and get paid!

Your just as good as your last job. But I have to say I do agree with u. Work is work

not a problem just sponge the skirtings and cove down as you skim.
on some jobs when you float and set they fit rebated skirting to the wall first ,then you have to float out to the required thickness

put the price up as it takes longer,or just make a mess of the skirting,that will learn em:RpS_thumbup:

That's exactly what I've done and explained to the customer why.
Now the chippies are the bad eggs of the job and I'm the angel
Had the chippys boss on the phone this arfo asking why I made a fuss? Because it's made him look like a cowboy!

you cant wipe the bottom lip of the coving though... looks a right bag of, you lose most of the bottom wall projection...

err.. 3mm on a reskim, if the covings up thats fair enough, but only a fuktard would fit new coving when its going to be skimmed, common sense innit..

Called in on a job today (that I'm due to plaster when ready for me) to see how things were coming along, only to find that the chippies on the job have put the covings on and are intending to put the skirtings on too!
Still wound up about it now
What are your thoughts on this as they said to me "well our boss has other plasterers do work for him and they don't mind"
I said "I'm gonna make a start next week so please don't put the skirts on".

Sounds like their boss wasn't happy because he didn't get the plastering so he was hoping to make a tvvat of you :RpS_thumbup:

the skirts would have been wrapped round his head before he got to problem!!

Vankers!!

Bottom line here is lads. This is a refurb job. So rip out and start afresh. There is a process of work which usually implies new walls new ceilings, plaster, then covings and 2nd fix carpentry(skirts architrave etc..)
Why should there be a **** about with no need!!!

Bottom line here is lads. This is a refurb job. So rip out and start afresh. There is a process of work which usually implies new walls new ceilings, plaster, then covings and 2nd fix carpentry(skirts architrave etc..)
Why should there be a **** about with no need!!!

They seem to think their time is much more valuable than ours this fcks me off big time and the toys would be slung out the pram lol

I was doing a mono job on some flats ,had all windows and doors taped as usual as we were spraying , as the chippies needed to get in one flat ,we covered the door last , saying give use 2 mins and it yours , they just pulled the plastic off and carried on , all his bright yellow tools , seemed to turn ivory when i finished :RpS_blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.