Fixing bellcast beads

Members online

You'd think should need be decent standard in city too for word of mouth counts surely. Surely rough c**ts won't get as much repeat business, or will end up with a bad name, whereas if u leave good obviously get better name and more chance of recommendations?
Don't know. I know plenty of rough c**ts in Dublin in all trades flat out working. And most not cheap eather

Don't know. I know plenty of rough c**ts in Dublin in all trades flat out working. And most not cheap eather
Well know a brave few Hallions working too, don't know how dear or cheap they are, definitely seems that most the brickys we have the pleasure of following must have to build blindfolded and throw the blocks at the wall from a medieval catapult.

IMG_5862.PNG
Clever???? :( am a plasterer lol
Us plasterers are well smart - take me for instance, I'm always stretching myself with a challenging read...

View attachment 19222 View attachment 19223 I might be the only one ...... but I'll put my self up for criticism :rolleyes:

Nice work. I mind working for a boy before, I was holding box level under the stop beads across garden walls, he came over, "no need for that" slapped a drop of stuff on the wall and beat the bead in, slapped more on, onto the next bead. Man sets pretty much all his beads like that to be fair. He's not long beading a house, but it shows as they look like f**k all squared. Rough kant. Lol

Nice work. I mind working for a boy before, I was holding box level under the stop beads across garden walls, he came over, "no need for that" slapped a drop of stuff on the wall and beat the bead in, slapped more on, onto the next bead. Man sets pretty much all his beads like that to be fair. He's not long beading a house, but it shows as they look like f**k all squared. Rough kant. Lol
Found it easier, quicker and better this way. Tap with the ruler makes is flat against the wall and the laser levels it to perfection. Having both hands free is a bonus too. I am
Using nails mostly on the windows now, when the walls are pissed.

Found it easier, quicker and better this way. Tap with the ruler makes is flat against the wall and the laser levels it to perfection. Having both hands free is a bonus too. I am
What laser do you use outside mate?

Well it's a damn good result that way.

I thought maybe the red was a chalk line you had pinged across, I'm a big fan of "laser-beading" brilliant idea especially because you have two hands free for fitting the bead (y)

Oh laser beading!!! ......that has got to get on some kind of certificate......

Imagine how proud my mum would be to see my name on a certificate for ...

.........Laser Beading, level 1 Diploma............

That @vfr12, is a bloody good idea. When I think back to the times I've struggled........pffft......

Oh laser beading!!! ......that has got to get on some kind of certificate......

Imagine how proud my mum would be to see my name on a certificate for ...

.........Laser Beading, level 1 Diploma............

That @vfr12, is a bloody good idea. When I think back to the times I've struggled........pffft......
It's a good idea, I've done it internally and it works well, not entirely sure if you were taking the Michael:confused:?

It's a good idea, I've done it internally and it works well, not entirely sure if you were taking the Michael:confused:?
Just joshin, in my book right is right. Lasers should be used everywhere on site and slowly but surely standards will rise.
I'd still love a certificate though..........

U c**ts are all mad. I use small dabs of dot and dab adhesive on my beads. Then clean the bead thet the adhesive is at the back of the beads and the front of the Beads is clean. That way you are mostly rendering onto the plastic or the steel mesh on the beads. Just use the corner of your trowel to put small dabs on. Great job. U can pull the beads anyway to get them straight.

A nice bit of expanded foam is obviously the way to go. My favorite bit of this is....hmmm, I think the paving
IMG_5946.PNG

buy yourself a couple bags of 8mill plastic wall fixings from alliance and remedial dampproofing .drill a hole hammer it flat .the dogs bollox for fixing beads in any substrate

buy yourself a couple bags of 8mill plastic wall fixings from alliance and remedial dampproofing .drill a hole hammer it flat .the dogs bollox for fixing beads in any substrate
The metal hammer in fixings that fixers use for hangers on mf ceilings are ideal, im always on the prowl for stuff like that when I'm on site! Fixers waste so much I go round collecting half open boxes of hilti screws etc and put them in my own van (y)

View attachment 19170 Stop beads put on a job in Dublin last week by the builder himself.The standard in Dublin is shocking,It seems the more valuable the property the worse it gets.It's not even lead under it but some sort of rubber.I was watching him doing it and he did'nt give a fcuk.

He had ONE job....

Google it.

jUKZXtd.png

348.jpg

7dca397a406a8a95c800a7da00e986d1--food-photo-chicken-nuggets.jpg

Malc by the time you’ve levelled up a batten couldn’t you just put the bead up ?
Probably does take longer but once the batten is up it's just a case of sitting the bead on and pasting it in with the scratch, downside is finding straight batten or having to buy it in the first place