Flat render Sponge finish

Hopefully he had the sense to scrape it off the wall and clean up and start early another day, I’m rendering today, 0.5 degree c in Torquay right now though frost on cars. Need the sun to come up and warm things up a bit. Who’s idea ws it to be rendering the week before Xmas ? Bloody ridiculous.

What time did you put it on at?,I’d stop putting on at 12 o clock at the latest.

That’s my rule of thumb too at this time of year. No more laying on after 12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry again , I'm on an Ewi job today , the weather has been good upto now, fingers crossed

we have done ewi all the year round, but the work has always had protection, scaffolding with a roof on, full netting on the sides. we would not start until the temp was 2deg. and rising. with the thermostat fitted on to a wooden pole away from the building. if the forecast was that the temp was going to fall extra tarps. would be draped on the scaffold with heaters close to the wall for protection.
we would have to employ security guards all night to check the heaters and make sure the walls were not damaged by yobs.

we have done ewi all the year round, but the work has always had protection, scaffolding with a roof on, full netting on the sides. we would not start until the temp was 2deg. and rising. with the thermostat fitted on to a wooden pole away from the building. if the forecast was that the temp was going to fall extra tarps. would be draped on the scaffold with heaters close to the wall for protection.
we would have to employ security guards all night to check the heaters and make sure the walls were not damaged by yobs.
No netting ,no heaters ,but the temp went from 1-7 today .. the scaffolding isn't great either

I don't mind rendering this time of the year. Planning is everything, this what I used to say till.......today. Sprayed extension yesterday , 40m2 in on hit . Render was behaving well, so I didn't had to drop back and rule it. Finished sparing and went to rule and flatten. f**k me , started sliding down and decided to wash the machine and give it some more time. Machine washed , hoses etc , all in the van , left only the ruler and trowel . f**k me still not alright......... Tried few sections, but it looked like just been put on the wall..... 19:00 I said f**k that I am going home , it hasn't set at all from 11:00 , so I doubt it will go ballistic in the evening. Went this morning and it was just alright to rule and flatten . Now I have to wait 2 days to open it ...... . Bare in mind the scratch coat and mesh was on for a week ......
Notes taken:
Monochrome is coming with XXLextra time already mixed. I knew from previous posts on here that s a slow set, but that slow........ I should have stayed with parex this time of the year . On the bright side I am sure it will be pleasure to work with in the summer.Job that has to be ready in 3 days will take a week now.