1. Want to see how the new TPF works? Click here or you can drop me an email danny@plasterersforum.com
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Plasterers Forum has now made it even easier to share photos and videos than ever before Click Here To Learn How
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TPF is the biggest plastering community and resource on internet... we are still growing.... we are nearly 10 years old so we are here for a long time yet...
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Plasterers Forum is growing but we need your help to keep it growing.... Introduce yourself and say hello get involved... they dont bite :-)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Plasterers Forum is very busy!! ...25% up on last year!! Be a part of the biggest plastering community
    Dismiss Notice
  6. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
    Dismiss Notice

Flexi tubs

Discussion in 'Tips And Tricks of The Trade' started by Squarehead, Jun 3, 2016.

1. BigK

BigK Private Member

Ah in gorilla kitchy yeah, know exactly what you mean, because your not sinkin the full paddle in you can't get the water to go through it properly.
    Get a proper bucket, sounds so simple & silly but I won't mix up in any other than the ones I have now, ever!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Lodan

Lodan Private Member

yeah keeping it slow and the reason is on my own its easier to not clean the bucket and i can just knock the old shite out of my gorilla the next day and give it a wipe with a scouring pad

3. uni-king

uni-king Private Member

Ur not 1 of them are u pal? I dnt get y people dont clean there buckets..dotting ye I agree it gets knocked out but skimming or owt else clean ya buckets all the way

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lodan

Lodan Private Member

sorry i am one of them....once i knocked it out in the morning i give it a quick scrub

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. BigK

BigK Private Member

Cleaning a bucket takes 30 seconds (if that) when it's soft. It's quicker than banging it out, never mind a scouring pad.
    That's another thing, gorilla are a Cnut to wash out, you can't just throw some water in and spin the whisk in it, in the taller buckets you can, bucket and whisk clean in 10 secs.

Must be bored tonight!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Lodan

Lodan Private Member

i always think you look like carl pilkinton cos of your profile pic.....do you look like him at all

7. uni-king

uni-king Private Member

I'm watching naked and afraid on discovery and bastards censor the blonds birds tits and fanny..not happy

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. BigK

BigK Private Member

Well, I'm bald, and i sound like him probably. You'll have to ask someone else lol

9. Lodan

Lodan Private Member

i look like brad pitt if he had a stroke

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. CeeVee

CeeVee Well-Known Member

Can't get on with gorilla tubs.
    I've got a 200mm paddle and the s**t goes EVERYWHERE.
    Tall buckets no probs. Straight in. Boosh. Just churns it round in seconds. No fannying about moving a little whisk round and round...

• Like Like x 1
  11. reeves1985

reeves1985 Active Member

Get a negative rake paddle
    Takes a bit longer to mix but stays in the bucket lol

12. themucky1

themucky1 Well-Known Member

I only use proper skimming buckets for skimming balls to the monkey buckets tried it for a bit and f**k that OK for throwing rubbish in then chucking it in the skip tho

13. aspotofbother

aspotofbother Well-Known Member

Use flexi tubs if I'm not using my board and stand. Easier to knock the plaster out when I forget to clean it out straight after putting on, or if I get caught by the set going off, can just leave it and knock it out later.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Heritage Plasters

Heritage Plasters Active Member

Never used the flexi tubs but after seeing how common they are I might have to give it a try.

I use a old plastic bucket that used to hold chlorine for a pool store. It holds 12.2 gal. Mixes fast and cleans up easy but I don't let my plaster stay in it long.

15. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

yep flexy if working out of bucket other than that its the tall ones for using with a board and stand

16. Dansouthcoast84

Dansouthcoast84 Private Member

ive had mine on a pully for few weeks. hoisting up buckets of gear 4 lifts up. not a split in site.
    good product mr Hill

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

saw these a few years ago and they are solid!!!

18. funkycarl

funkycarl Active Member

They are the best flexible tubs I have ever used so strong and handles still good

• Like Like x 1
  19. Daniel Turk

Daniel Turk New Member

How thick is your gear mate?!

20. Lodan

Lodan Private Member

I love the sages with two posts

• Useful Useful x 1
  21. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

???

22. JessThePlasterer

JessThePlasterer Well-Known Member

He shays he lovessss the sages wi' two poooosts....!!!!!

Duh!! :LOL:

23. JessThePlasterer

JessThePlasterer Well-Known Member