Full scaffold

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have many years experience Andy,like myself and we can acheive what we set out to do, I think this guy is pretty green . So hopefully he has grasped some concept of what we are trying to convey.

Lets hope so Mark, it's easy to forget that people can struggle with what others take in their stride. Quite often it's a matter of having the courage to do what you've never done before, I well remember the first time I put a good sized flank end on all on my own (no lab). Once I'd done it once I never worried about them again, although they still got the adrenaline going first thing in the morning.

adrenaline?? the only feeling i ever get is that sickening, is this really happening, is this really my job feeling

i feel like henry is yoda, maybe andy is ob1/darth, and i am luke. i am still learning but have the potential to maybe one day learn the gift. but i still have to bow to their ancient wisdom. i cant compete with them because their gift is too strong

Since I've started back my breathing is definitely more like Darth Vader than Obi 1

adrenaline?? the only feeling i ever get is that sickening, is this really happening, is this really my job feeling

Really? 30 years in and I still get a buzz from something a little different or which stretches me a little (no arse jokes please), the normal run of the mill stuff is still ok though.

Really? 30 years in and I still get a buzz from something a little different or which stretches me a little (no arse jokes please), the normal run of the mill stuff is still ok though.

its a wierd one with me. when im at work, apart from having a crack i really dont like it. i dont like the dust as i have asthma and i my back hurts constantly which can get you down a bit. i find it mentally unchallenging and non thought provoking. but on the other hand, when im not doing it, i always think oooh, id like to do a bit of skimming soon. and then i do it and think oh jesus. i do honestly think im quite good at my job, and i do take pride in my work, but theres a lot of things at the moment that im not happy with and so they affect my work also. if i were in a happier situation then i think i would enjoy work more.

now can i please have a big cuddle from everyone.

its a wierd one with me. when im at work, apart from having a crack i really dont like it. i dont like the dust as i have asthma and i my back hurts constantly which can get you down a bit. i find it mentally unchallenging and non thought provoking. but on the other hand, when im not doing it, i always think oooh, id like to do a bit of skimming soon. and then i do it and think oh jesus. i do honestly think im quite good at my job, and i do take pride in my work, but theres a lot of things at the moment that im not happy with and so they affect my work also. if i were in a happier situation then i think i would enjoy work more.

What you've just said is so so true, you need to be happy and content with your life as a whole to really enjoy any one bit of it IMHO.
I stopped plastering thinking that I'd had enough of it, but then realised that plastering wasn't the problem at all.
When trowelling or rubbing up or whatever I'm away with the fairies thinking of fishing or other stuff, sometimes even other aspects of work and I'm working on auto pilot.

i feel like henry is yoda, maybe andy is ob1/darth, and i am luke. i am still learning but have the potential to maybe one day learn the gift. but i still have to bow to their ancient wisdom. i cant compete with them because their gift is too strong

I am jabba the hut

You have many years experience Andy,like myself and we can acheive what we set out to do, I think this guy is pretty green . So hopefully he has grasped some concept of what we are trying to convey.

I've got the concept m8, its just putting it into practice after reading it, if I see it done once then no problems alot harder when reading it on forum.

I've got the concept m8, its just putting it into practice after reading it, if I see it done once then no problems alot harder when reading it on forum.

Just keep calm mate and don't go rushing around like a headless chicken, work in a methodical manner, putting on neat and tidily will save time in the long run. Don't be tempted to just keep putting on more and more, drop back to lay in or trowel up at just the right time and both will get done quicker than if left to long.

Thats because you are a bellend.

That RandJ have got some good deals, whats there scrim tape like?

40m square i youll be able to do that on ya own no problems if it in a basement but you still need ya hop up to reach it, use ya stilts much easier and quicker, rolling sets are good but only if you know what your doing if your not clear or start to whirl out wen its goin off itll finish dog sheite.
my opinion do it on stilts in one set lovley job one set 3 hours max or doin a rolling set longer than 3 hours.............know what id choose

Thats because you are a bellend.

That RandJ have got some good deals, whats there scrim tape like?

It's ok, not the best but not the worst I've used. A couple of minutes on a halogen light helps it to stick when the weathers cold, and you do get a bit of string coming of the edge but at £1.30ish a roll I can live with that.

stop fcuking whinging and get on with it you c**t

man up your still young you should be jumping round like a kangaroo i dont do man love

your shite and lazy bad back my arse

Who needs scaffold when you got hop ups and a cheap extending ladder?????

20121023132031.jpg

We like to use scaffold (made a load of stools out of battens) but if I can get away with kicking a stool around I will.

last job we did with scaffold was a re-built nissan hut. Had to work off one tower and utilise the crossbeams and whatever else was lying around. Full 8x4's curved to fit and felt like the troweling technique was something Mr Miyagi came up with..
would have preferred to do the 2 ceilings in one hit but split them into 3 with 3mm stops.

i had a birds nest scaffolding soup once in the Chinese , i watched the poles running around on 6x4 sheets of ply the other day f mad and dangerous all bouncing around everywhere !!

ive set up some questionable scaffolds in my time haha hate it that feeling of immanent pain and possible death, wnt do it anymore though, no jobs worth killing yaself for

Status
Not open for further replies.