Got caught out today

Put 6mm hp12 on insulation panels today and got caught out .
Thought I.d put it on then nip get a sponge . All was going well until I noticed it was drying quickly and I still had to go for a sponge . This turned in to a disaster as toolstation was sold out . Screw fix was next day so I had to go b n Q. So lost another hour and got back to some very hard looking grey base coat. .
Any way I got it pulled back but few Dickie bits . There top coating it with tc15 ( some one else is helping with that) can this go on 3 mm or does it have to be 1.5 mm.
Top coat should be 1.5 or will finish poor ! A tight coat of base coat if your not happy with finish

Top coat should be 1.5 or will finish poor ! A tight coat of base coat if your not happy with finish
Yeah been told that mate . Two kids have told me it will cover . So we will see.
If it does need another tight coat of base . Can you go straight over existing or do you need to prime it

Yeah been told that mate . Two kids have told me it will cover . So we will see.
If it does need another tight coat of base . Can you go straight over existing or do you need to prime it
Only need to prime top coat

20191120_160124.jpg

It looks ok from the photo,
Normal practice base coat more or less full-thickness out to your beads mesh, then another tight pass over the top of that, then prime then top coat
Thinks its cause I dont know what you can get away with. I.ll take kid out and if he says it needs another thin coat I.ll slap one on.
Can it just go straight on to what's on

Thinks its cause I dont know what you can get away with. I.ll take kid out and if he says it needs another thin coat I.ll slap one on.
Can it just go straight on to what's on
No you have to prime base coat before for the colour goes on

Try and get some fast set additive for your bucket coat it's taking days to harden off at the moment otherwise still soft the next day and and the rain can catch it