Had my back doors smashed in..

Olican

Private Member
..first time honestly! A lorry reversed into my parked van, driver accepted responsibility. No problem, doors still close van drives , nothing major. It's an old van but has good mileage. Honest value about £2400. The insurers have sent an assessor out and the report is.....Total Loss [emoji15] yup a write off for 2 dents on my back doors phnarr phnarr
Had my back doors smashed in..

I've seen your van around Torquay :)

I rendered a house in Paignton a while back and think you were doing a job the next road down.

Does you're neck hurt yet ? :)

..first time honestly! A lorry reversed into my parked van, driver accepted responsibility. No problem, doors still close van drives , nothing major. It's an old van but has good mileage. Honest value about £2400. The insurers have sent an assessor out and the report is.....Total Loss [emoji15] yup a write off for 2 dents on my back doors phnarr phnarr
View attachment 13800
At your age probably deserve to treat yourself to brand SPANKING new one :bananahappy:

Maybe it was a sign from the gods:hola:

Doesn't anyone think those dents might pull out? I've seen worse that's been repaired. Buy it back, and pimp it like the A team

Someone once told me about using a hair dryer and dry ice for popping out dents....wouldnt make it perfect but shame to get rid if reliable and good mileage

wont the insurance go up because its classed as a write off?

have you got whiplash? or had to take time off work because of the trauma?

Someone once told me about using a hair dryer and dry ice for popping out dents....wouldnt make it perfect but shame to get rid if reliable and good mileage
Works on plastic trims but not on metal

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

some old fella crashed into the missus when she was pregnant a few years back. she got whiplash and we all went to crete with the money. not the old fella, just the family. when we got to the hotel they gave us all inclusive wristbands instead of half board wristbands and we lived like kings. the plastering gods had blessed us that year

I had a similar situation in April, cold callers still trying to get me to claim on everything possible

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Doesn't anyone think those dents might pull out? I've seen worse that's been repaired. Buy it back, and pimp it like the A team

Yes I think so... it wont look perfect but I am not convinced the rest looks straight.. (the van or oli)

Wasn't in the van at the time, might have some minor whiplash to my eyes watching the incident though

You keep the van and they send you the money Oli ,still a pain in the arse (sorry should not have said that !)

That's what they've told me will happen, waiting for the offer. Might treat myself to a new flask [emoji106]

4 friend of mine whiplash claims here. One 40k others 24k, 22k and 18k. Crazy tge payouts here. Another mates da has had------ and your not going to believe this when I say it but it's true, he's had 17 whiplash claims. One unlucky f**k*r or should I say, one lucky b*****d lol.

My car was hit with my misses in it along with my 16yr old kid. Got offered 2 options, take full money or 3/4 money and fix car up. Took the latter and was a few k up. Car is now a cat-c and didn't affect insurance.

We're just waiting on the misses claim coming just after xmass. Hoping upwards of 20. The kid will be getting a nice sum for her college fund 2 years for her injuries.

Jesus. Big settlements them. Sounds like Better Call Saul was dealing with it. Would hate to be the one who crashed into him.