Haunted Houses

in the area that i live is full of ghosts and ghost hunters. Mathew Hopkin the witch finder general lived here, on his hunt for witches he used the local pond with a ducking chair and hung 35 witches on the local tiny beach.
when ever his story is on tele. there are people who come from all over the world.
the channel 4 program done a huge witch hunting week. Derek Acora collapsed, in the church yard where Hopkin is believed to be buried. all grave stone from the cemetery was removed in the 60s.

i did have a chap try to explain ghosts to me, he said that when a person is killed they are able to give off a energy, like a recording. we know that rust can hold a recording [ video tape is made from rust ].
he believes that stone and timber are also able to hold a recording. one someone comes along who is able to tune into these recordings, therefore they are able to see ghosts, where as others are not able to.

Anyone ever had a spooky going on during a job? I worked on a manor house 4 or 5 years ago, owned by Glastonbury Tor in 12th century, monks lived there originally. Worked there on 3 separate occasions and each time furniture moved around on its own, including cabinet doors flying open in front of me. I asked the stonemason working there too and before I finished he said "you've had furniture moving around too?" It was very spooky, albeit fascinating.
yah had a few weird things over the years mostly there is an explanation for it but some like foot steps in rooms a bath filling with water when 3 spreads down stair having dinner /weird

Nobody ever sees anybody in modern clothes,like maybe somebody who’s died in the past 20-50 years it’s always some c**t dressed to the nines from 1700s creeping about with big ebenezer side breezers and socks up to there knees

A load of old shite!!

Nobody ever sees anybody in modern clothes,like maybe somebody who’s died in the past 20-50 years it’s always some c**t dressed to the nines from 1700s creeping about with big ebenezer side breezers and socks up to there knees

A load of old shite!!
Wrong I saw Keith flint other day

i did have a chap try to explain ghosts to me, he said that when a person is killed they are able to give off a energy, like a recording. we know that rust can hold a recording [ video tape is made from rust ].
he believes that stone and timber are also able to hold a recording. one someone comes along who is able to tune into these recordings, therefore they are able to see ghosts, where as others are not able to.
Yes , two types of ghosts, recordings like you say that repeat again and again. And those that aren't repeating but interact with people, these are the ones that really interest me. I used to go to a medium that told me a similar thing about materials holding memories, she said even bricks in a building are capable of storing this. I think science will one day explain that one, it's the ones where a ghost has looked at, waved or spoken to someone that really gives me the chills. Fascinating.

Tbf I was skimming a ceiling last week heard noises turned round thought f**k me it’s Flynnyman , wtf , rubbed my eyes and looked again, he was gone, not a ghost I know more like an optical illusion

Genuinely what happened to fannyman????

Genuinely what happened to fannyman????
Genuinely what happened to forum lol

51Atw18IZ5L._SX425_.jpg

I thank my lucky stars that I've never seen ghosts evil spirits or aliens, lifes hard enough without that shite.

Don’t know mate I miss him

Been doing a bit of research into damp etc recently Pete. Really interesting stuff, especially with old building case studies etc.
You two kissed and made up, but he knew about the bullshit damp industry and spoke out against it. Hopefully he’ll come back.

Ha good one
Used to work with this guy who went all holy and he told me he went with his pastor to an exorcism and said he saw balls of light flying round the room. Sod that, sometimes ignorance has it's upside.

Used to work with this guy who went all holy and he told me he went with his pastor to an exorcism and said he saw balls of light flying round the room. Sod that, sometimes ignorance has it's upside.
Wife actually went to that house where they made the film when the lights go out think it was called. Think it was in pontefract..
Neighbour came out charged em all summet like 3 quid each to go in . Apparently film company had bought house and they were looking after in. Anyway she had a video of these orbs flying round . It was on a phone long gone but sure she uploaded it to Facebook so I.ll see if I can find it.
Still think it just dust in light

Dead is definitely dead, couldn't think of anything worse than some sort of 'spirit' living on.

Regarding 'ghosts' the human mind is notoriously unreliable.. has been proven that you can unintentionally totally fabricate information, this also includes witnesses to crimes, there are studies on it.

There is a reason why ghosts are never, and I mean ever actually recorded.. you can also throw 'spiritual mediums' into the mix.. nearly every famous medium has been caught out fabricating information and manipulating people.. Darren Brown is a good example of how clever people can be at tricking people.

Dead is definitely dead, couldn't think of anything worse than some sort of 'spirit' living on.

Regarding 'ghosts' the human mind is notoriously unreliable.. has been proven that you can unintentionally totally fabricate information, this also includes witnesses to crimes, there are studies on it.

There is a reason why ghosts are never, and I mean ever actually recorded.. you can also throw 'spiritual mediums' into the mix.. nearly every famous medium has been caught out fabricating information and manipulating people.. Darren Brown is a good example of how clever people can be at tricking people.
Agree all you lot believe I.m a plasterer.................

Anyone ever had a spooky going on during a job? I worked on a manor house 4 or 5 years ago, owned by Glastonbury Tor in 12th century, monks lived there originally. Worked there on 3 separate occasions and each time furniture moved around on its own, including cabinet doors flying open in front of me. I asked the stonemason working there too and before I finished he said "you've had furniture moving around too?" It was very spooky, albeit fascinating.
You have being on you feet late at night m8 watching the horror chanel. Stick to homes under the hammer better for the soul mind.

I agree there's a lot of fraudulent stuff going on which is annoying. And people do have hallucinations when tired etc. And I've seen derren brown live and the man is incredible, he reads people's minds. However, how can you explain a room full of people seeing a ghost in a theatre, walking casually along, stopping to look at them and then disappear in front of them? Things have been recorded, but it's always difficult to tell if they're legit or not, so I tend to go on personal experience and stories from trusted people of sound mind and nothing to prove.

Believe it when I see it, bit like saying folk have walked on the moon. Think that’s a load of cock and bull till I see the full journey in HD or they take me with them.

in the area that i live is full of ghosts and ghost hunters. Mathew Hopkin the witch finder general lived here, on his hunt for witches he used the local pond with a ducking chair and hung 35 witches on the local tiny beach.
when ever his story is on tele. there are people who come from all over the world.
the channel 4 program done a huge witch hunting week. Derek Acora collapsed, in the church yard where Hopkin is believed to be buried. all grave stone from the cemetery was removed in the 60s.
Used to love a bit of Derek... :LOL: