I'm thinking of doing a 10 day plastering course

Rams25

Hello all just looking for some advice.

I'm thinking of doing a 10 day plastering and rendering course in Scotland as a career change,. I've done some plastering work before on a house my dad built a few years back and always enjoyed this type of manual and creative work.

So I'm wondering where I would stand after a 10 day course, obviously I would be a long way away from an expert but what in your opinion level would I be at. According to the people running the course people start up on their own after completing the course. This seems a bit cowboy to me but then what do I know atm.

What kind of work could I expect to be able to do after this short introduction to roughcasting.

Thanks for any advice.

A 10 day plastering course and you will be ready to work in someones front room? You are a victim of a high pressure salesman. Save your money and look for something less skilful.
There is a slow down in the building industry I have plasterers phoning up looking for work. A lot are thinking about packing up not starting up.

I'm thinking of doing a 10 day plastering and rendering course in Scotland as a career change,. I've done some plastering work before on a house my dad built a few years back and always enjoyed this type of manual and creative work.

So I'm wondering where I would stand after a 10 day course, obviously I would be a long way away from an expert but what in your opinion level would I be at. According to the people running the course people start up on their own after completing the course. This seems a bit cowboy to me but then what do I know atm.

What kind of work could I expect to be able to do after this short introduction to roughcasting.

Thanks for any advice.
@Casper

A 10 day plastering course and you will be ready to work in someones front room? You are a victim of a high pressure salesman. Save your money and look for something less skilful.
There is a slow down in the building industry I have plasterers phoning up looking for work. A lot are thinking about packing up not starting up.
Good advice

Sounds like someone is trying to sell you the dream? Did they also say you can earn 40K?

After 10 days you will need 5 years working alongside an experienced plasterer to learn all aspects of plastering and rendering and then you will earn around 25K to start. Sorry about the lead balloon.

Thanks for any advice.

Is roughcasting still a thing?

Thanks for any advice.
Do it buddy you'll be swimming in cash within a month

Sounds like someone is trying to sell you the dream? Did they also say you can earn 40K?

After 10 days you will need 5 years working alongside an experienced plasterer to learn all aspects of plastering and rendering and then you will earn around 25K to start. Sorry about the lead balloon.
Hes probably read on here that its not worth getting out of bed for less than £300 a day

I can see bright futures for young spreads it’s pretty steady down here still malc
Not many young lads getting into it at all
The trouble here is houses are between half a million and million plus. When the purchases do their maths they just pull out of the sales. The developers dont want huge sums of money laying in a field, so they have stopped building.

The trouble here is houses are between half a million and million plus. When the purchases do their maths they just pull out of the sales. The developers dont want huge sums of money laying in a field, so they have stopped building.
i did warn what would happen
i did say what would happen
going to get much worse, this is just the start
i do honestly wish i was wrong
but i am right

Thanks for any advice.
just when i think i am getting out the trade, comments like this keep dragging me back in
thanks to michael corleone/the godfather