Installoo® Plastering stilts - Plasterers 1 Stop Shop

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont think there is any to be fair I've wrked on birch-hacs etc and there a nitemare with h&s..1 site we were going to go on about a year ago company said there wanted sum sort of extracotor or sumat near boards wen cutting as dint want chalk dust/scrapings filtering the air I s**t u not..guy told the company to do 1 and was s**t loads so fair play

Where in london have you worked? I am sure if I start talking about h&s you will feel lucky with what you mentioned just.;)

My mate Is a quantity surveyor there wat there like to work for?
So you know then. I'll start with the induction from 8:30- 14:00. You say you have seen it all, but ...........you haven'theard of them yet:rolleyes: GPS is another one, we were alowed at the beginning and this is were I got my stilts.After a few months they say no, but mine were long time gone. Here , I can guess only,80% of the companies won't let you use them

Where in london have you worked? I am sure if I start talking about h&s you will feel lucky with what you mentioned just.;)
Ant worked in London done 1 job in Olympic park that's it was s**t pretty much get same prices down Leeds way than London way judging by comments on here and cost of living is half..

I new guys skimming on the Olympic park and they were getting £3m2
I phoned them offering £4 back home and they were pissed off as they were tied in to the job!!!

I phoned them offering £4 back home and they were pissed off as they were tied in to the job!!!
We only did a nites work skimming 1 big party wall thru the nite in a clothes shop got nearly £600 for it was only a gage like but was 4 hour drive there and 4 hour drive back..thats wat I mean £3m2 4 London is shite as cost of living is double

I think it depends on the agent and how Keen and stupid he is at the start of the job but once it's behind its out the window. I've been on plenty of sites that said they can't be used but was never stopped I think it's just one of them rumours that floats about. I've been told to put a risk assessment together so I could use them but it was all hot air, when I have told them I have had more accident getting off a hop up they soon change their tune.

The thing with the price here is the more you do the less you get paid. I was stupid enough to book ... let's say..... a monthly salary in a week and next day I had quality control checking my corner in every 300 mm if square, chipping the plaster at the bottom for the right thickness etc and I promised my self never to do it again. Bottom line is you are not allowed to earn more than the focker behind the desk .

Th
The thing with the price here is the more you do the less you get paid. I was stupid enough to book ... let's say..... a monthly salary in a week and next day I had quality control checking my corner in every 300 mm if square, chipping the plaster at the bottom for the right thickness etc and I promised my self never to do it again. Bottom line is you are not allowed to earn more than the focker behind the desk .
That's mental is that at Lang o rourke or just in general..i know wat ur saying them desk wollers dnt like us tramps earning more than them but we do

I was looking forward to another 4 or 5 pages on the stilts thread by now....you've let me down lads...this thread was my entertainment plan for tonight.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.