is this ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

S a plastering

Private Member
going to bond over some walls to level em out which have been painted wasgoing to leave em scratched is it ok too float over with harwall cos I hate floating with bonding has anyone done it this way or is it a no no cheers

Is thepaint welded on mate ?? Id defo grit then if your going to do hardwall if its only a few mm thick?? Should be ok ?

in the past ive put a tight coat of bonding on then gone over again with hardwall and never had any problems

I am gritting the walls going over pretend artex that's done with skim but bumpy as fook so was going to give it one with bonding then wanted to rule something different over the top cos hate ruling with bonding

I no it's a bit of a yhee ha!!!!but I've done similar kinda jobs over the years I tried a 60/40 ratio of bonding an drywall adhesive 1 time just made it up as u do!mark out slacks & do what spreads do it will take a little longer to set but u can slap it on rule it off any left over can be used to cover the pattern what's probly covering whatever shite!done it twice now worked a treat & stayed on so far...

Just wet your straightedge and trowel, bonding is so similar to hardwall or tough coat it doesn't need modifying it deals with low suction backgrounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.