Keithmcd

kmcd

How do you replicate this finish on a 100 year old listed building please. Any help welcome. ...ch
Keithmcd

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending on the area you have to do, would a hand full of chippings mixed in do it? Lay it all on, attempt troweling it up to a flat ish finish and give a light sponge to get any trowel marks out? Absolute guess work but prob what i'd try if only patching areas....

Feel free to shoot it down

Edited because when i read it back i wondered if i am pissed or something!?

Last edited:
Cheers bear beef.no one s had the manners to reply bar you. Good call but not sure if this would work. Going to see the job on Thursday. Will let you know mate. Thanks again

To be fair its the worst pic i've ever seen on an advice thread but i reckon it could work haha

Maybe a smaller pea gravel or something....update the thread if you find out the approved/traditional method its always good to learn. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers bear beef.no one s had the manners to reply bar you. Good call but not sure if this would work. Going to see the job on Thursday. Will let you know mate. Thanks again
Your not guna get reply's with comments like that..no1s had the manners! We in playground here

Your not guna get reply's with comments like that..no1s had the manners! We in playground here
Yeah I've noticed but like I said I'm new to all this . Seems like a good laff cos everyone seems to hate plastering like I do. But hey how pays the bills so just gotta get on with it

To be fair its the worst pic i've ever seen on an advice thread but i reckon it could work haha

Maybe a smaller pea gravel or something....update the thread if you find out the approved/traditional method its always good to learn. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers fella appreciate it.

Yeah I've noticed but like I said I'm new to all this . Seems like a good laff cos everyone seems to hate plastering like I do. But hey how pays the bills so just gotta get on with it
Only clemo really who hates it and hair oil

How do you replicate this finish on a 100 year old listed building please. Any help welcome. ...ch
View attachment 11307

You could take a small area and do a couple of test panels trying different techniques to match the finish, if there are no suitable areas then a tack a bit of eml to a spot board and try that

You could try going over wet bonding with piss skim and use a sf to bring up the blisters and the ripple affect that might work

I want to know how you're going to get away with sticking a load of I-phones to a listed building, you'll be a fortune on materials alone plus they are very prone to cracking think i'd give that job a miss

Keithmcd
Keithmcd
Keithmcd
I got asked to do this wall based on a vase the customer shown me, she is an interior designer and this was her showroom and it matches the vase perfectly :) how do you think I achieved it?

Thanks lads ..quality answers. .pissing my pants at some. Appreciate it ...thanks for the welcome:bailando: