Lovely

Members online

Was just gonna say that. 22 posts . Love correcting customer on this one
giphy (3).gif

i always think when people advertise plastering and painting it’s because they want to sand their own work down because they know they are bad.

I always paint my own work.

Charge exact same for painting as I do for plastering.

Can't go wrong.

Actually I think we're (most of us) missing a trick taking on the painting. Decorators are sometimes getting as much to splosh a bit of emulsion around as we do to plaster.
We're going to be pricing up to paint one of the renders we did last year. Looks like it could be a very nice little earner.
I advertise as a plasterer and decorator and i am neither but found years ago this gets me the most work.

Last edited:
One decorator, one plasterer, i call em labs but they insist they are skilled tradespersons?

Which they are of course, one throws wet stuff on the walls and the other throws even wetter stuff on the walls.
Should be combined into one trade really.

Which they are of course, one throws wet stuff on the walls and the other throws even wetter stuff on the walls.
Should be combined into one trade really.

I think skimming is more or less decorating I see it as part of the tarting up process

Who actually gives a f**k does it harm you business

well let me explain.
for some people plastering is all they know so it’s their living. They’ve worked hard to get to a level which is satisfactory and people should expect and pay for.
The guy in question here clearly is a hobbyist who has no clue how to do the job properly but is potentially stealing custom from us types.
He’s making money whilst delivering unsatisfactory work.
so yes I feel like it’s all our business to be against people like him.

well let me explain.
for some people plastering is all they know so it’s their living. They’ve worked hard to get to a level which is satisfactory and people should expect and pay for.
The guy in question here clearly is a hobbyist who has no clue how to do the job properly but is potentially stealing custom from us types.
He’s making money whilst delivering unsatisfactory work.
so yes I feel like it’s all our business to be against people like him.
If people are stupid enough f**k them and plasterings a piece of piss nothing hard about it any c**t with half a brain can do it

Painting AND PLASTERING

case closed lol

Not really, slap head.

There's nothing wrong with milking everything you possibly can out of every job.

You're missing a huge trick - you could easily get the painting on most of your plastering jobs but you don't want it. Get a lab with a bit of sense, charge £180 pay £90 and start filling your pockets - up here for thinking.

Not really, slap head.

There's nothing wrong with milking everything you possibly can out of every job.

You're missing a huge trick - you could easily get the painting on most of your plastering jobs but you don't want it. Get a lab with a bit of sense, charge £180 pay £90 and start filling your pockets - up here for thinking.
I thought about this for a while but what about when people start asking me difficult painting related questions........ I be like
40C5615A-3E8C-4647-B0EE-EFEC8AD8BB67.gif

Not really, slap head.

While you was getting bummed in the trenches I was doing FULL refurbs. Doing everything i could and using t he budget to get other trades in essentially project management.

made good money but what a headache. Don’t mind a bit of painting new plaster but only ever mention it if asked.

I thought about this for a while but what about when people start asking me difficult painting related questions........ I be like
View attachment 44342

Difficult painting doesn't exist on good plastering - painters make their money by either being fast or by understanding prep...

You've already done the prep by plastering properly so it's just a case of whacking it on.

If the customer does happen to ask something you don't know the answer to then just be honest and tell them you're a plasterer.

You've already got your foot in the door after you've plastered and they're happy so in my view, it's downright r******d to walk away from work that you could make more profit on.

While you was getting bummed in the trenches I was doing FULL refurbs. Doing everything i could and using t he budget to get other trades in essentially project management.

made good money but what a headache. Don’t mind a bit of painting new plaster but only ever mention it if asked.

Well I think it's menkle to walk away from what's essentially free dosh.

Difficult painting doesn't exist on good plastering - painters make their money by either being fast or by understanding prep...

You've already done the prep by plastering properly so it's just a case of whacking it on.

If the customer does happen to ask something you don't know the answer to then just be honest and tell them you're a plasterer.

You've already got your foot in the door after you've plastered and they're happy so in my view, it's downright r******d to walk away from work that you could make more profit on.
I was been sarcastic I pass any painting jobs on to a female decorator as it goes bit of a dog but lovely lass and she does a cracking job (y)