Lumpy walls

I have had my walls re-skimmed, I said that I wasn't happy with the finish, his reply was that the light makes it look worse than what is is and I should accept the work his guy did. He is adamant this is an acceptable finish.
It doesn't look that bad in different light, but this is what it looks like when the sun is out.
I have never had plastering done before - am I being over fussy or should I accept that this is an OK job. Any advise is very appreciated.

Attachments

• 20181103_101210[1].jpg
    20181103_101210[1].jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 542
  • 20181021_094713[1].jpg
    20181021_094713[1].jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 526
  • 20181021_094730[1].jpg
    20181021_094730[1].jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 527
  • 20181110_103211[1].jpg
    20181110_103211[1].jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 534
On believable the wsy Everybody jumps in to say it's s**t job. It might be. But don't know what he went over. And so on. U should have told him that the light was going to be there and put one there while he was skimming. I'd love to just walk on to everyones skimming jobs that said it was s**t out of the blue and put lights down there walls. And put the pictures up here.

Because domestic customers only have any experience of looking at painted walls. They have no clue what they are looking at until it's painted and/or the Currant Bun shines down it the wrong way.

f**k I'm a stupid c**t.

I just read this and thought 'Yeah, that's exactly right. That's exactly how I'd have put it.'

Then I couldn't work out why I couldn't press agree.

Then I realised why it was put exactly how I'd have put it.

Hang on a minute before every 1 starts giving it the bigun!!!!

Simple question and simple answer is this...

What does it look like in normal daylight conditions without those hideous halogen sidelight shining across them???

If the answer is fine then there is nothing wrong with his work.. .

Side Light can absoloutley destroy the bezt work in the world!!!
A.R.E Y.O.U F.U.C.K.I.N.G M.A.D

How many of us have seen some of your own work at the the wrong angle of light of thought Jesus Christ !! I’ve left some mint work in my opinion. Even flattened off first coat but still when that light hits I have to question myself . But still never looked anything like them photos .

On believable the wsy Everybody jumps in to say it's s**t job. It might be. But don't know what he went over. And so on. U should have told him that the light was going to be there and put one there while he was skimming. I'd love to just walk on to everyones skimming jobs that said it was s**t out of the blue and put lights down there walls. And put the pictures up here.
Won't even need lights for mine . Run ye hand down in dark it reads its rough in brail

How many of us have seen some of your own work at the the wrong angle of light of thought Jesus Christ !! I’ve left some mint work in my opinion. Even flattened off first coat but still when that light hits I have to question myself . But still never looked anything like them photos .
Worse thing imo is when sun rebounds of curtains

Ok so is it just the sun thats making the work look worse than it is?
Just a quick side note. This was an insurance job and decorater sanded and filled in the worse of it already.
Before i accept the word of loss adjuster that this is acceptable i thought I'd ask.

Last edited:
Ok so is it just the sun thats making the work look worse than it is?
Just a quick side note. This was an insurance job and decorater sanded and filled in the worse of it already.
Before i accept the word of loss adjuster that this is acceptable i thought I'd ask.
Did the loss adjuster say it was acceptable? If they're paying for it it's their decision unless I'm mistaken

Hang on a minute before every 1 starts giving it the bigun!!!!

Simple question and simple answer is this...

What does it look like in normal daylight conditions without those hideous halogen sidelight shining across them???

If the answer is fine then there is nothing wrong with his work.. .

Side Light can absoloutley destroy the bezt work in the world!!!
No excuses here it's butchered lights or not

Lol windup merchant

Did the loss adjuster say it was acceptable? If they're paying for it it's their decision unless I'm mistaken

He said it was acceptable - but i have zero faith in him, he said every wall will look like that if you run lights down it - thats why i asked the original question - unfortunately the insurers insisted on putting lining paper everywhere and that room was the only one that hadn't.
If you have dealt with insurance people they try and do everything on the cheap and say everything is perfect even though its not.
I just want a professionals opinion.

He said it was acceptable - but i have zero faith in him, he said every wall will look like that if you run lights down it - thats why i asked the original question - unfortunately the insurers insisted on putting lining paper everywhere and that room was the only one that hadn't.
If you have dealt with insurance people they try and do everything on the cheap and say everything is perfect even though its not.

Put up a picture of the wall with no lights down it.

The walls look like that during daylight. The pictures are taken with the curtains drawn and not a light shining down on it. The photos show the worst part of 2 walls in the room.
At night or when the sun isn't out the walls look fine.

The insurance can’t make you put lining paper up instead of plastering, they must return it to the same state it was in before the claim. You just have to tell them it’s not acceptable.

The insurance can’t make you put lining paper up instead of plastering, they must return it to the same state it was in before the claim. You just have to tell them it’s not acceptable.

Yeah they convinced us that lining paper was a better option. Oh how wrong was I to agree with them.
Didn't realise it should be like for like until after they did 3 bedrooms. They only agreed to skim my bedroom after the lining paper fell down and took off chunks of the old paint with it.

Yeah they convinced us that lining paper was a better option. Oh how wrong was I to agree with them.
Didn't realise it should be like for like until after they did 3 bedrooms. They only agreed to skim my bedroom after the lining paper fell down and took off chunks of the old paint with it.
A few years the lining paper will look like sh it and you’ll either need to pay someone to redo or pay someone to plaster, I’d tell them to get it plastered or your going to take it further as they’re devaluing your house.

A few years the lining paper will look like sh it and you’ll either need to pay someone to redo or pay someone to plaster, I’d tell them to get it plastered or your going to take it further as they’re devaluing your house.

You dont have to tell me, it started to fall off within 3 months in my room. It is starting to do the same in the other 2. They have cut corners at every stage. Hence why I am getting aggy of the room they actually plastered.

An insurance company is not allowed to undersell... ever...

It's worth remembering that because it normally works in your favour

You dont have to tell me, it started to fall off within 3 months in my room. It is starting to do the same in the other 2. They have cut corners at every stage. Hence why I am getting aggy of the room they actually plastered.
Tell me something, did you deal directly with the insurance company or did you have one of these companies do it on your behalf?