Monocouche Quote.

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's 270m2 , then for the job to be done to a very high standard you'd be looking to at least double your quotes supply and fit.

Mono materials will cost a few quid on nearly 300m, if rend aid and meshing fully aswell.

7nm mate so straight on with colour

7nm are perfect for one coat renders.
We Give it a pass and mesh it then we turn straight back over it with 2nd pass.

Mesh works best closer to the finished surface as possible

also go have a look at the job , drawings make a render easy , the site and scaffold are sometimes a nightmare and can cost you time .

can you cut and paste it in ?
Stress Relief in Render Around Openings to Avoid Cracking
Weber recommend the insertion of Weber standard meshcloth, or alkali resistant fibre mesh,
to areas of typical stress points in the construction, i.e. above and below all openings such as
windows and doors and at horizontal junctions of dissimilar substrates e.g. ring beams.
This is good practice and should be included in tender documents and technical
recommendations for all Weber Monocouche products and weber.rend OCR.
Process
Embed the mesh into the first pass of the render ensuring that it is not in contact with the
substrate. (If using weber.rend aid key coat it can be embedded in this application.)
Cut the mesh into a strip that will extend past the junction or point of weakness by 200-
500mm. Press the mesh into the fresh render evenly with a trowel or spatula and then over
lay with further render to encapsulate the mesh. Please see enclosed drawing. The mesh
can be ordered with your Weber renders through your normal stockist/merchant.

There you go buddy @keithuk

Last edited by a moderator:
Stress Relief in Render Around Openings to Avoid Cracking
Weber recommend the insertion of Weber standard meshcloth, or alkali resistant fibre mesh,
to areas of typical stress points in the construction, i.e. above and below all openings such as
windows and doors and at horizontal junctions of dissimilar substrates e.g. ring beams.
This is good practice and should be included in tender documents and technical
recommendations for all Weber Monocouche products and weber.rend OCR.
Process
Embed the mesh into the first pass of the render ensuring that it is not in contact with the
substrate. (If using weber.rend aid key coat it can be embedded in this application.)
Cut the mesh into a strip that will extend past the junction or point of weakness by 200-
500mm. Press the mesh into the fresh render evenly with a trowel or spatula and then over
lay with further render to encapsulate the mesh. Please see enclosed drawing. The mesh
can be ordered with your Weber renders through your normal stockist/merchant.

There you go buddy @keithuk
(If using weber.rend aid key coat it can be embedded in this application

Im not sure what point your trying to make keith?

from reading your post's you seem a pretty accomplished render applicator and i get the feeling you were testing me

For what purpose im not sure. other people have mentioned using mesh in rendaid or are you pointing out its optional?

I may have misread myself ,but i felt you stated that you must rendaid on all substrates "Weber spec it in the rendaid and stress patches in the mono "

Mesh works best closer to the finished surface as possible

So in the rendaid if required?
Should I do the stress points as well in the top?

Weber spec it in the rendaid and stress patches in the mono

I may have misread myself ,but i felt you stated that you must rendaid on all substrates "Weber spec it in the rendaid and stress patches in the mono "

I didnt mention substrates buddy. I just answered spanky's post about using rendaid and mesh.

To be fair i did think its was spec'd but as you pointed out it "can be embedded".

I always put it in the rendaid and stress patches around openings.................:RpS_thumbup:

I was reading "

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by plasterjfe

so it throw me with the rendaid as it is not needed ,sorry for any confusion

That's was my question bud, I've heard from a rep that full mesh works best the closest to the substrate as poss ie in the rendaid, my question was do I need to do the top/mono as well or just stress points or not at all? My question to the rep was what about the mono as it's a very brittle product??

He's gave me a number to get a spec from the application manager.

I just wanted to know what you men ie (renderers) do?

Thanks

No worries buddy. I was just wondering why you were asking me as I know your clued up on the mono gear ;-)

That's was my question bud, I've heard from a rep that full mesh works best the closest to the substrate as poss ie in the rendaid, my question was do I need to do the top/mono as well or just stress points or not at all? My question to the rep was what about the mono as it's a very brittle product??

He's gave me a number to get a spec from the application manager.

I just wanted to know what you men ie (renderers) do?

Thanks
,i only mesh in rendaid if there is a crack in the brick work ,then i still use a full mesh in the mono ,with stress patches as well ,but thats me ,not saying it is right

,i only mesh in rendaid if there is a crack in the brick work ,then i still use a full mesh in the mono ,with stress patches as well ,but thats me ,not saying it is right

For the sake of £1m2 I'm with you bud, that's exactly what I said to the rep better safe than sorry..

Fck it I'm gonna mesh both it's not as if it's loads more work

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.