Ox speedskim

@carys let me know how you get on, I guess it's possible I'd just feel weird not finishing with a trowel but it's 2018 after all

@carys let me know how you get on, I guess it's possible I'd just feel weird not finishing with a trowel but it's 2018 after all
Going to try it out Friday my plan for easy life on ceiling is get it on as quick as pos flatten first whith plastic one and second coat go round the edges whith trowel when the timing rhight over whith finish rule just use water on the blade and a second cross next day il be ther whith the sander lol

Just used it . Like it . Will the lines stop once its been used a bit . Or am i hitting it while its to wet
Try hitting it a bit early/ late than usual for best results.If it’s wet keep it close, if you late- open it, will straighten the wall nicely. Lines will disappear, give it some time.

I must be the only one that hates the living daylights out of mine.

I just can't get on with the thing
I use it for roughing and that's about it.

O just thought what a pointless piece of kit for skim.
Anything other than piss wet through and you may as well not bother.

1200 is the only size i use now... any smaller and you may as well use a trowel...
I must be the only one that hates the living daylights out of mine.

I just can't get on with the thing
I use it for roughing and that's about it.

O just thought what a pointless piece of kit for skim.
Anything other than piss wet through and you may as well not bother.
You can't beat old way true. It takes time to get use to them once you get the hang of them ther OK make life easier on ceilings don't bother much on walls at the end of day you got to move whith time like anything else as Winston Churchill said y stand when you can sit y sit when you can lie down lol

Well used it thos morning and my impression is if it stops leaving them lines its a game changer
That's what I've always struggled with when using mine
It's well worked in and I've rolled the edges up but no matter what I do I still end up running over the lines with the trowel so gave up with it.

I have the metal blade as well but to be honest in my opinion no you can't .i just don't think you can get the same pressure as you can with a trowel ,as I said that's just my opinion
When you get it flat on second really you dont need to much pressure last trowel I've notice if you do it looks that you have overworked the plaster

After second coat i fly over it with ss then trowel and i.m half convinced it would paint .
@vfr12 you one coat or 2 and you using plastic or steel
One coat on site mate, money is tight. I had to switch to two coats do to the high temperatures this summer .
Lay on , speedskim, speedskim, mist the wall , speedskim- voila .After that you decide if you have to go with the trowel over.

I have used the speedy’s right through a ceiling set. Put it on with a trowel neatly ( goes without saying, unless you’re a lash up artist). Plastic speedy on the pole for a gentle flatten, I rounded my corners with snips and I seldom get a line at all. Tea. Second coat. More tea. Another flatten, neaten edges with a trowel and brush. Tea. One more pass with plastic speedy. Clean up. Tea. On with the metal edged speedy, pass both ways, check edges again. Finished in time for tea.
As for pressure, you can definitely put more pressure through the pole using two arms and with both feet on the floor. But you don’t have to.

After second coat i fly over it with ss then trowel and i.m half convinced it would paint .
@vfr12 you one coat or 2 and you using plastic or steel
I have all guns - metal , plastic, semi metal, plastic, rubber etc. Sometimes I have to change my way if I am early or late .

I have used the speedy’s right through a ceiling set. Put it on with a trowel neatly ( goes without saying, unless you’re a lash up artist). Plastic speedy on the pole for a gentle flatten, I rounded my corners with snips and I seldom get a line at all. Tea. Second coat. More tea. Another flatten, neaten edges with a trowel and brush. Tea. One more pass with plastic speedy. Clean up. Tea. On with the metal edged speedy, pass both ways, check edges again. Finished in time for tea.
As for pressure, you can definitely put more pressure through the pole using two arms and with both feet on the floor. But you don’t have to.
That one thing i noticed . You can get it flat as f**k really quick but then it hangs for a age

Brings water to surface. Don’t worry. Don’t rush, it’s sposed to make life easier.
It does that had loads of time on my hands . We gotloads to go at next week so me n lads goimg monday to chucks ceilings on then taking a lad to mix tues and throwing loads on. Might even pick 1200 at week end

If it’s a big enough ceiling, I use my 1200 plastic speedy for,two coats, then once it’s nice and flat, change down to the 600’s to the finish.

The main benefit for working alone is that I can rush the 1st coat on a bit rough, and “rescue” it with the 1200. The speedies allow me to cover a bigger ceiling than a trowel alone does, with less arm ache.