Plaster coming off screw heads

Good for you Malc but bear in mind not all of us leave shite work where we tread

the local rates on building sites is ok for a couple of plasterers taking the work direct but there is no profit margin for the contractor with say 10 chaps.

the contractor with a large workforce can name his own price as there only a few that the major contractor can turn to.

Cocaine Malc
Put half a gramme in each room you can only touch it when you've finished the previous room and watch £2 perm turn into 2 grand plus when the site agent tells you you're s**t before you know it you've talked him rounds into inviting you round for Christmas dinner WA hey

I dnt get all this site work is low quality etc u can get away with murder in sum1s house on a domestic u cnt on a site as u will be booted off b4 u know it..if ur a gud spread and u do site work u will always be balls deep in work...id become a domestic spread in my later years if I was still knocking about..cudnt think of owt worse Than doing domestic day in and day out all sheeting up and cleaning and people moaning about dust etc..f**k that..u lads who havnt been on site dont know wat ur missing dont knock till uve tried it

Cocaine Malc
Put half a gramme in each room you can only touch it when you've finished the previous room and watch £2 perm turn into 2 grand plus when the site agent tells you you're s**t before you know it you've talked him rounds into inviting you round for Christmas dinner WA hey

Blag it too f**k !!

I dnt get all this site work is low quality etc u can get away with murder in sum1s house on a domestic u cnt on a site as u will be booted off b4 u know it..if ur a gud spread and u do site work u will always be balls deep in work...id become a domestic spread in my later years if I was still knocking about..cudnt think of owt worse Than doing domestic day in and day out all sheeting up and cleaning and people moaning about dust etc..f**k that..u lads who havnt been on site dont know wat ur missing dont knock till uve tried it
I much prefer site work. It just seems MUCH harder to get than domestic crap.
Most sites already have spreads sorted...walk on looking for work and the lads take it like your stealing their work...and even then they put you off with horror stories...mate of mine was getting £800 to board and skim a full apartment...f**k that.

I always thought site work was easy to get but that was about 10 years ago in Manchester. Could walk onto any site and get a start with the firm and agree the other plasterers are all snidey c**ts not saying the rates keeping them to themselves thinking they were on a good deal but keeping the prices low.

I hated site work.... much prefer the chatter of domestic and luke the fact it is different....

Got to meet to meet some very interesting and exciting people

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Plaster will come off the screws if there is significant movement or banging , that means the crew has moved and don't have the grip over the board and in the metal. Just 2 points to consider .

Thanks for the reply but would scrim tape sort this problem?

I wouldn't say its carpet fitters at fault as it's not happening on internal walls upstairs, it's easy to say carpet fitter fault but what I want to know is what could solve it?

Ive scrimmed over screws and still had pops. If its gonna pop its gonna pop. Personally i would blame the fitters

Tbh I can't go on site work
1.i skim to much in a day cream 200m2 easily before 12pm then there is none left for other spreads.

2.failed my health and safety test 3 times in a row ..the assessment people said sorry you are obviously just thick..

So I stick to domestic now
Public can't tell that I am.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tbh I can't go on site work
1.i skim to much in a day cream 200m2 easily before 12pm then there is none left for other spreads.

2.failed my health and safety test 3 times in a row ..the assessment people said sorry you are obviously just think..

So I stick to domestic now
Public can't tell that I am.
U seriously failed it 3 times plasterman??

The screws either missed or not gone in enough or too much it's that f**k**g simple, some of the answers on here are embarrassing from so called plasterers. It's basics and very basic, you can make as many excuses as you can and blame as many people as you want but at the end of the day it's the guy who put the screws in simple. This is the problem with everyone jumping on the trowel as soon as they buy one, they haven't got a Scooby doo about the very basics, that's where going to college and learning comes in ( fair enough some of the lecturers know even less). People need to start from the beginning rather than jumping in in the middle and polishing a wall it is embarrassing reading some of the s**t on here from regular posters who have sometimes actually served their time on here.

The screws either missed or not gone in enough or too much it's that f**k**g simple, some of the answers on here are embarrassing from so called plasterers. It's basics and very basic, you can make as many excuses as you can and blame as many people as you want but at the end of the day it's the guy who put the screws in simple. This is the problem with everyone jumping on the trowel as soon as they buy one, they haven't got a Scooby doo about the very basics, that's where going to college and learning comes in ( fair enough some of the lecturers know even less). People need to start from the beginning rather than jumping in in the middle and polishing a wall it is embarrassing reading some of the s**t on here from regular posters who have sometimes actually served their time on here.
I cnt believe scriming over screws came into the equation

Clemo has made a fortune with the promotions this week:cachetada::boxeador::D
:lol:

I'm like the mcgregor of the plastering world lol but harder ;)
Bet you got your ass kicked badly too, champ;)

Not on that site today but done another new build today and the grippers didn't cause any problems, we've asked other site managers and they said they get the odd one now and again.

the site in question are getting them every time carpets are being fitted, ten in one house we fitted recently.