plasterers salary 2017

Members online

Its hard to put a figure on how much we can earn rates are different all round the country..day work or price work but the so called house building boom the goverment want isnt going to happen until the site rates go up so its worth takin on a young trainee! I work on my own at the mo its just not worth employing a lad. These firms are in for a shock if it kicks off..not enough lads to go round and they re still takin the piss with the prices
It will happen they will just open the floodgates again using a shortage of labour as their exscuse

Donegal, but it's not worth moving over bud. I had to go back on the trucks.

A look in the paper tells me that there's very little skilled work here outside of the hospital or one corporation that's based in town.

There's zero building work because plot+bricks=more than the value of the property that you can build. There's a little bit of conservatories and extensions and a bit of repair/renovation work and that's it. Not much even of that because everything is new.

@Rossi46 how the fcuk can you agree with a question?
Got family in the tradeover ur way and they ve said the same. Problem is ur goverment s no able to help out cause their bosses in the eu wont let them bugget any help for the industry incase it upsets the french and germans lol. So everybodies doin cash jobs and there s no tax money comin in so its a vicious circle.

Donegal, but it's not worth moving over bud. I had to go back on the trucks.

A look in the paper tells me that there's very little skilled work here outside of the hospital or one corporation that's based in town.

There's zero building work because plot+bricks=more than the value of the property that you can build. There's a little bit of conservatories and extensions and a bit of repair/renovation work and that's it. Not much even of that because everything is new.

@Rossi46 how the fcuk can you agree with a question?

Most people i know are busy here in Mayo however i hear ya about the price of building. Its f**k**g ridiculous how much it takes to build a house here now. Its more than hat the houses are worth! Only in Ireland can we go from one extreme to the next! It was always build a house for x-amount and itll be worth more than what you paid to build it. Now its f**k*d! In saying that thou, ive been busy since the end of 2013 and now the money is starting to rise. Expecting another busy year next year!

Most people i know are busy here in Mayo however i hear ya about the price of building. Its f**k**g ridiculous how much it takes to build a house here now. Its more than hat the houses are worth! Only in Ireland can we go from one extreme to the next! It was always build a house for x-amount and itll be worth more than what you paid to build it. Now its f**k*d! In saying that thou, ive been busy since the end of 2013 and now the money is starting to rise. Expecting another busy year next year!
Some in Mayo are busy but an awful lot of lads are in Dublin or other places working.
There is a few pockets of work here and there around mayo but yet there are areas with nothing at all happening.
As agreed though plot plus expenses =far more than finished product value unfortunately.
Definitely next year looking busy as any time for definite in Ireland overall though

Houses in parts of London at £300k mark in 2013 are £500 k mark now , that is some jump, I know 09/10/11/12 were slow years but it caught up
f**k 140 would buy a good suburban 3-3bed house here. Our rental is about 1000sq foot, give or take, 3 bed mid terrace and could probably buy for 115-120k.