Plastering around ceiling roses so they are embedded and can't be removed

Members online

No members online now.

Saturniamoon

Hi all, would really value some advice. I had a reputable decorating company do some skimming and ceiling reboarding work in my house around 18 months ago. Until today I hadn't noticed that the three ceilings they did have the ceiling roses embedded in the plasterboard. So I can't remove them. Or fix them if something goes wrong inside. Before the work was done I wasn't advised that I needed to remove the roses/sort the cabling etc. I assume this is not good practice and intend contacting the company and asking the rectify the problem. Would appreciate some advice. Thanks.

Hi all, would really value some advice. I had a reputable decorating company do some skimming and ceiling reboarding work in my house around 18 months ago. Until today I hadn't noticed that the three ceilings they did have the ceiling roses embedded in the plasterboard. So I can't remove them. Or fix them if something goes wrong inside. Before the work was done I wasn't advised that I needed to remove the roses/sort the cabling etc. I assume this is not good practice and intend contacting the company and asking the rectify the problem. Would appreciate some advice. Thanks.
What did you expect them to do if you hired them to plasterboard and plaster the ceilings? I'm baffled how you could of possibly not noticed this for 18months either

They should have dropped the roses or took them off if they reboarded the ceiling takes five minutes, we always ask of same lights going back, if they are we put the screws back in

What did you expect them to do if you hired them to plasterboard and plaster the ceilings? I'm baffled how you could of possibly not noticed this for 18months either
Don't be baffled. People like me with no experience need help. I'm not a DIY expert and thought I had hired someone who knew what they are doing.

A reputable Plastering company would of been better. Sorry for your loss
Thanks, the reason I went with them was because they said they had experts who could manage all stages of the work, through to decoration. It felt easier to deals with one company. I won't make that mistake again.

They should have dropped the roses or took them off if they reboarded the ceiling takes five minutes, we always ask of same lights going back, if they are we put the screws back in
Thank you. I just want some professional advice that I can quote back to them when I contact them to get them to sort it.

If it’s plastered around the rose (pendant) then they haven’t boarded, just skimmed while you were out and told you they boarded it
Thank you. The ceilings have definitely been boarded. I saw the work as it was happening and trusted them to do a good job.

If it’s plastered around the rose (pendant) then they haven’t boarded, just skimmed while you were out and told you they boarded it
They've usually got a 20mm lip on them at least. So it's possible to board around them and skim. It looks s**t but I've done it before as customer didn't want them taken down as they were so old and brittle they would of broke

Sounds like they quoted to board n skim and did just that.

Them ceiling roses very often crack on removal.

However, this should have been addressed. Another case of customer and trade playing Chinese whispers

Although if the customer has painted around the light pendant without trying to remove it when doing so then I'm stunned also lol

Did you not consider ripping down and getting new ones made up anyway? Ceiling roses look s**t anyway dated crap! Do you live in Buckingham palace

Are you on about an electrical rose or fibrous rose?