Plastering around ceiling roses so they are embedded and can't be removed

Members online

If it was fibrous it would of been 1st thing I would have discussed . Maybe they tried to take it down and realised there wasnt enough cable . Which they still should have mentioned.

They painted also. They did the whole job. Or so they promised....
99 times out of a hundred they come off easy, I have had to smash one off before as no matter what I did it wouldn't budge but as has been said it's 2quid. I can't imagine they'll come back after 18months though
If it was fibrous it would of been 1st thing I would have discussed . Maybe they tried to take it down and realised there wasnt enough cable . Which they still should have mentioned.
If there isn't enough cable though you just flick the fuse off, smash a quick hole in the ceiling undo the clips holding the wire and then overboard as normal. Even if there's absolutely no play in the cable, which I've never found, I'd just move the light by an inch. Unfortunately so many tradesman and people in general have no common sense, even if they are a bloody good spread

99 times out of a hundred they come off easy, I have had to smash one off before as no matter what I did it wouldn't budge but as has been said it's 2quid. I can't imagine they'll come back after 18months though
If there isn't enough cable though you just flick the fuse off, smash a quick hole in the ceiling undo the clips holding the wire and then overboard as normal. Even if there's absolutely no play in the cable, which I've never found, I'd just move the light by an inch. Unfortunately so many tradesman and people in general have no common sense, even if they are a bloody good spread
I just tell em to get a electrician

50% percent they r painted all over in the first place so your never unscrewing them if that’s the case ,smash with hammer n then replace but it’s really a electricians job as there might be multiple wires in there