Plastering stair wall

Members online

Hi all was going to skim a stairwall Friday but after close inspection it was blown & ended up taking it all back to brick , I’d say it’s possibly 1950s house , there is a garage attached to it so a good half isn’t exposed as it’s external wall , was going to use s/c as it’s an external rather than bonding . The gap from the string is quite tight in spaces possibly 9mm , the window cill is staying & as also the string so I am governed with what I can use on the walls .

Attachments

• IMG_2736.jpeg
    IMG_2736.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 104
Hi all was going to skim a stairwall Friday but after close inspection it was blown & ended up taking it all back to brick , I’d say it’s possibly 1950s house , there is a garage attached to it so a good half isn’t exposed as it’s external wall , was going to use s/c as it’s an external rather than bonding . The gap from the string is quite tight in spaces possibly 9mm , the window cill is staying & as also the string so I am governed with what I can use on the walls .
@ hardwall @string lost @ —— @ bead string

Sand and cement be fine kill the suction/dust with sbr before you start and keep the muck spreadable rule it before it picks up to much.

Well most spreads can't get floating straight down a stringer, if this is a DIY attempt things could get interesting.

Don't bother with sand and cement...dry line it and get a chippy in after to sort the string out. Done loads like this. Should get that boarded and skimmed in a day no prob.

What the umbrellas for? The wife as she walks up the stairs while your plastering? Going to need them mate!!

Don't bother with sand and cement...dry line it and get a chippy in after to sort the string out. Done loads like this. Should get that boarded and skimmed in a day no prob.
As mentioned the customer is keeping the window cill hence why I was governed by thickness

How plumb and level is the brickwork?
Why SBR it before you’ve decided what to do with it?

Haven’t had a level on it yet there’s a few bricks that i noticed that are prouder than the others , just wanted to seal the dust as either way I’d have to Sbr it , but I didn’t know it would be a problem if I left it a couple days before s/c

Haven’t had a level on it yet there’s a few bricks that i noticed that are prouder than the others , just wanted to seal the dust as either way I’d have to Sbr it , but I didn’t know it would be a problem if I left it a couple days before s/c
Get a grinder and cut the protruding bricks back mate. Go face on and slice them, then bolster and mash hammer, job done. Dusty as f**k though so seal any doors with duct tape, well worth that effort in the long run . (y)

As mentioned the customer is keeping the window cill hence why I was governed by thickness
Remove the cill, board and install a new one or cut back the cill and fit a new one on top of the existing (if the frame allows) 5 minute job bud...definitely boarding is the way with this one

Anyway that wall looks flat as f**k and plenty of depth on the string to get a tight dab on with 12.5mm board...

Whats the bin man doing in the house...nosey f**ker!

Anyway that wall looks flat as f**k and plenty of depth on the string to get a tight dab on with 12.5mm board...

Whats the bin man doing in the house...nosey f**ker!
Is the bin man there Fred ? Ffs , that c**t is everywhere these days !!! :confused:

Hi all was going to skim a stairwall Friday but after close inspection it was blown & ended up taking it all back to brick , I’d say it’s possibly 1950s house , there is a garage attached to it so a good half isn’t exposed as it’s external wall , was going to use s/c as it’s an external rather than bonding . The gap from the string is quite tight in spaces possibly 9mm , the window cill is staying & as also the string so I am governed with what I can use on the wa

Were you using an ice pick to hack it off?
Is that you in the kitchen Fred ? Have to hand that to you , your always at hand, ready for t.. a... f...... = £££££
Satan will be proud mate ! :tanguero:

Did mine with hardwall. Chopped back any protruding bricks.

It’s all in the CHD

Reprint articles are available :coffe:

Honestly thats the flatest f**king wall I've ever seen. I wouldn't even bother with dab adhesive just use Instastick.

Anyway it looks quite nice with the shine just leave it as a feature wall.