Plastering wages fall by 2.5%

Members online

I do definitely get the vibe on my builder that it’s a race to get the lowest quote in or for lazy customers to get loads of online quotes. Something just doesn’t seem right about it to me. But it’s obviously good for customer to get a competitive price job and look at references for guys who are bidding.
Think it designed to be customer orientated, not skilled tradedman orientated, but if it works it works. If i thought it would help me id be on it likely.

Alpha male ??
What the fuuck
Get a grip for fuucks sake
No hang on and listen, you’re always telling everyone what meterage and how many plots and this and that, but you’re one coating over a 100 metres a day to justify in your own mind the total dogshit rate you’re being offered. And you seem totally content with that? Race to the bottom, keeping rates rock bottom.

No hang on and listen, you’re always telling everyone what meterage and how many plots and this and that, but you’re one coating over a 100 metres a day to justify in your own mind the total dogshit rate you’re being offered. And you seem totally content with that? Race to the bottom, keeping rates rock bottom.
I'm sure algee does alright after all he's not doing it for anyone else but his family. I doubt if he did less or went on the dole he'd solve the problems of pay for plasterers.

• Agree
Reactions: Djr
I like you mate ..but I'm not getting into me dropping the rates down because I skim more than an 3 man gang.
That's your problem not mine .

I'm not having any of it!
I'm not here to cause trouble but all this daddy big b*ll***s skim 10000 metres a day has got my goat.

Site conditions yup you can put slightly more on compared to domestics.

To earn £1,000 in 3 days at 2.50m2 let's break it down.

That mean 400m2 in 3 days
133m2 per day on your own no lab
Average wall 4m x 2.4h is call it 10m2 for arguments sake.
4x4 room approx 56m2
So in 1 day on your own you need to skim 2 full rooms and say a ceiling. To make £1,000 in 3 days.

I don't care who you are or how good you are, That's not happening even with 3 hits a day.

Absolute b*ll***s.

That's not slagging anyone off that's a pure observation on earning £1000 in 3 days on £2.50m breaking it down.

I'm not here to cause trouble but all this daddy big b*ll***s skim 10000 metres a day has got my goat.

4x4 room approx 56m2
So in 1 day on your own you need to skim 2 full rooms and say a ceiling. To make £1,000 in 3 days.

I don't care who you are or how good you are, That's not happening even with 3 hits a day.

Absolute b*ll***s.

That's not slagging anyone off that's a pure observation on earning £1000 in 3 days on £2.50m breaking it down.

Chris
Gis a bell il show ya.
I'm not the only one doing it.

4x4 room approx 56m2

Absolute b*ll***s.

I'm there rest of week take a drive down mate.
Theres more than 130m going on today
Screenshot_20190508-052955.png
Screenshot_20190508-052955.png

Algee, what you earn drives prices down on sites. Fact is when prices are set housebuilders use you and top earners as a benchmark. Not guys at the bottom. If others are earning that they cannot complain. You are at the top of the tree,,, earning more than doctors and people with degrees.
Good luck that you can keep it up though.more productivity, will drive costs down. More competitive.

All I know is I'm alright jack so f**k the rest of ya! Should never talk about money it's the root of all evil, that and marmite!

All I know is I'm alright jack so f**k the rest of ya! Should never talk about money it's the root of all evil, that and marmite!
Don't know about I'm alright, but if you talk big money here you will make a lot of people jealous or think they they are inferior in what they produce or earn.

Don't know about I'm alright, but if you talk big money here you will make a lot of people jealous or think they they are inferior in what they produce or earn.
I dunno why people wanna tell others what there earnings are or how much they bang on a day typical site plasterer talk the wise man puts on as little as possible and charges the highest possible prices :ROFLMAO:

As long as some can earn big money on those site rates they’ll never drop. Why would they.
Fair play to Algee though he’s got a hell of system and that’s how he makes it work. He definitely does do those metres!

Algee, what you earn drives prices down on sites. Fact is when prices are set housebuilders use you and top earners as a benchmark. Not guys at the bottom. If others are earning that they cannot complain. You are at the top of the tree,,, earning more than doctors and people with degrees.
Good luck that you can keep it up though.more productivity, will drive costs down. More competitive.

I've only been on £2.50 since moving to lancs.
Il never put lads down for going to work.
You think that's poor rates you need to see what the rest of the site lads are on up here.

@algeeman if that is the case I salute you. If your banging those metres on alone.

If I put 130+ m on a day I'd be f**k*d after a few years!

Like I said I'm not here to cause or start an argument.
In happy with what I earn. It provides for me and my family and allows me to live comfortably.
You still busy

I pay more in tax than most people earn in this country .....
Just showed my brother your statement he said if you can't earn a grand in 3 days skimming @£2.50 or screeding rendering or boarding ...then give it up.
It's the fact that you do what you do for low rates is what contributes to keeping rates low mate. And you know I'm anti you in any way. Spreads shouldn't have to do huge metreages to earn well, but they always will while some are crashing out daft amounts.
But let's also be honest, you couldn't earn what you do if you were doing the job as it should be done. I repeat, I have absolutely nothing against you, you dog rough Lutonian gypsy w**k*r.

@algeeman if that is the case I salute you. If your banging those metres on alone.

If I put 130+ m on a day I'd be f**k*d after a few years!

Like I said I'm not here to cause or start an argument.
In happy with what I earn. It provides for me and my family and allows me to live comfortably.

Reeves mate an example of rates up here is I just got my house re roofed facia guttering etc for 6.5k
If I was back living down south I'd of paid double that.

Sites rates are poor up here for house bashing but the big firms in the UK are more or less paying the same.
Stanmore RGB redrose have over a thousand lads on £2.50.

That's 3 big outfits north Midlands down south.

I know firms paying £3.50 but I'm not travelling 2 hours a day. (y)

It's the fact that you do what you do for low rates is what contributes to keeping rates low mate. And you know I'm anti you in any way. Spreads shouldn't have to do huge metreages to earn well, but they always will while some are crashing out daft amounts.
But let's also be honest, you couldn't earn what you do if you were doing the job as it should be done. I repeat, I have absolutely nothing against you, you dog rough Lutonian gypsy w**k*r.

What you on about .....I 2 coat my reveals lol

First thing I was told is no body gonna do it for you , second was always remember most graduates earn £30,000 ish

Reeves mate an example of rates up here is I just got my house re roofed facia guttering etc for 6.5k
If I was back living down south I'd of paid double that.

Sites rates are poor up here for house bashing but the big firms in the UK are more or less paying the same.
Stanmore RGB redrose have over a thousand lads on £2.50.

That's 3 big outfits north Midlands down south.

I know firms paying £3.50 but I'm not travelling 2 hours a day. (y)
I'm in Donny myself so know how rates differ North and South. Good and bad.

Putting that amount on though you should be getting paid more than the shite the big firms offer.
They won't give a f**k when you get crippled up because of it