Plastic trowels!!!!!

Members online

Exactly this. You're going over a basically gone off wall for no benefit. Doesn't get out any blemishes or lines just shines it
It does get out blemishes or lines
[/QUOTE]
Hmmm not both then?

I had and used a plastic trowel when using the BG Spray Finish. With a steel trowel it just tore to pieces.
Personally I think that the plastic trowels achieve a nice enough finish but just aren't able to cope with working round angle beads or door frames. Best off on ceilings.
I don't want to carry a dozen trowels or keep having to rub nicks out of flimsy plastic blades, so I ditched them.
On the subject of materials; anyone that doesn't think that Multifinish is shite has either not been spreading long enough to have used decent gear, has a very poor memory or is a BG c**t.

I swear to god i did a room 2 weeks back that looked absoloutley flawless wet.

Customer away poped in to collect money yesterday and they will have only if seen from when dried and it looked awfull!!

Dont get me wrong will be bang on painted but it does my head in!
We did a, rare for us, private job the other week. Skimming over Artex, painted walls and new plasterboard. I'll tell you, I was broken by the end of the week. In my eyes the job looked absolutely shocking, I was honestly sick in my stomach. Client was on holiday while we did the work, when he got home he text me saying how amazing our work is. My son, being more local, called round to collect payment and the decorator was there. He kept saying what a great job we'd done and what a pleasure it was to work over.
I've honestly lost the plot with skimming, I no longer know what's good, bad or indifferent?

We did a, rare for us, private job the other week. Skimming over Artex, painted walls and new plasterboard. I'll tell you, I was broken by the end of the week. In my eyes the job looked absolutely shocking, I was honestly sick in my stomach. Client was on holiday while we did the work, when he got home he text me saying how amazing our work is. My son, being more local, called round to collect payment and the decorator was there. He kept saying what a great job we'd done and what a pleasure it was to work over.
I've honestly lost the plot with skimming, I no longer know what's good, bad or indifferent?
Dont know who said it on here but some one said never go back in to a room while its drying.

Artex tramp lol

I think gibbo said he never looks back in a finished room?
Not sure . Some times it's impossible. A kid who I.d say was mint said to me . You know that thing you do when you lightly put your finger over wall to see if you can feel owt . (I thing he took piss out me for) said he now f**k**g does it lol.

This is it 100% mate!!!

The killer for me was the same customer pn holiday so didnt have tge benefit at least of the wow factor whilst wet begore drying out awful!

I stress paints 100% perfect just cant cope with how awful to look at whilst dry!!!

I totaly agree and im the 1st to say the trowel doesnt make the finish the spread does.

However im on a quest to see dried plaster walls look lime they did 20 years ago all 1 colour when dried and for the love if god i cant seem to manage that anymore.

Paints perfect, looks perfect wet, but dogshit prior to paibting abd it does my head in!
let it go.

I swear to god i did a room 2 weeks back that looked absoloutley flawless wet.

Customer away poped in to collect money yesterday and they will have only if seen from when dried and it looked awfull!!

Dont get me wrong will be bang on painted but it does my head in!
your getting wound up about if it paints up ok why worry /as u will know every batch of plaster is different so how can we deliver if that's the case

Be nice if there was more variety just like all the different brands of mono we would have much more to bitch and talk about!! C'mon tapit sort it out. :ROFLMAO:

That's what my wife says, anyway..
My point is that whatever crap is in the bag all gets blended so the contents of the mix is consistent including its chemical balance , one bag may behave differently to another but your not mixing batches for the same coat

That's what my wife says, anyway..
My point is that whatever crap is in the bag all gets blended so the contents of the mix is consistent including its chemical balance , one bag may behave differently to another but your not mixing batches for the same coat
So if a bags a load of s**t it's ok because it's consistently s**t?

Dunno what all the fuss it about?
IMG-20190920-WA0001.jpeg
IMG_20190914_163007.jpg