Plug sockets etc

Members online

I go to that length because as it stands I am the main contractor on site, I do domestic extensions and loft conversions. It in my interest to make I do everything to the best of my ability
Top quality work mate , sockets sit better , worth doing , always good to keep some extra length socket screws in the van

Reactions: Jjj
I go to that length because as it stands I am the main contractor on site, I do domestic extensions and loft conversions. It in my interest to make I do everything to the best of my ability
In extensions n conversions ain't it more or less first fix anyway

this is getting worse than Brexit for fcks sake pull plates out food bag it bit of tape job done

In the interest of full disclosure my labourer happens to be my best mate and a sparky with 11 years experience

A24E218C-351E-4ACA-8336-7D8912A12A20.jpeg

If you get a socket tester (£10 max), you can check the socket before loosening it taking off the wall. You plug it into the socket, there’s a series of light indicators on the front of it and if there’s a wiring problem you don’t get the green lights you get the red lights which indicate a wiring problem, (unless your bacon rind) in which case it has an audible sound (unless your Mutt and Jeff). Extra longer screws also help but 99% of the time there’s never an issue.

View attachment 34494
If you get a socket tester (£10 max), you can check the socket before loosening it taking off the wall. You plug it into the socket, there’s a series of light indicators on the front of it and if there’s a wiring problem you don’t get the green lights you get the red lights which indicate a wiring problem, (unless your bacon rind) in which case it has an audible sound (unless your Mutt and Jeff). Extra longer screws also help but 99% of the time there’s never an issue.

Hahahahaha!!!

I once got calk.all down a customers suit that was hanging on back of the door that I just pushed to the wall and sheeted up. My mate found it when I went out. I came back and he's scrubbing it in the kitchen sink . Then hung it in the sun to dry . Never heard a thing about it .

On loft conversions and extensions it would just need doing after sparks first fix, and not be an issue as cables should be dead and tucked inside pattress.
maybe a rubber drawstring bag would be a good solution to the problem, hmmmmm

Definitely but the next spread will just crack on.

I never touch rads tho.

Loosening a socket shouldn’t really create any danger. It’s not like you’re altering anything. Occasionally a wire will come out so have to put it back
Rads pain in the arse especially when they won’t turn off properly abd valves leak after u taken them off ....

Rads pain in the arse especially when they won’t turn off properly abd valves leak after u taken them off ....

Absolutely no chance I’d touch one because of this potential scenario.

Customer: can you take the radiator off plz?

Me: sure, no problem.

Radiator leaks all over carpet.

customer: WTF U DOING TOUCHING THE RADIATOR YOURE A PLASTERER NOT A f**k**g PLUMBER THAT CARPET IS BRAND NEW COST £3k

I’ve used these and they work well especially if you want to use a socket in the room or if customer needs heating on in winter when working round boiler switch. As beader says though always get customer to sort sparky before we get there.

Absolutely no chance I’d touch one because of this potential scenario.

Customer: can you take the radiator off plz?

Me: sure, no problem.

Radiator leaks all over carpet.

customer: WTF U DOING TOUCHING THE RADIATOR YOURE A PLASTERER NOT A f**k**g PLUMBER THAT CARPET IS BRAND NEW COST £3k
Ahh nice black gunk over new pink carpet u might as well throw cup coffee across the room, to be honest that scenario would happen on the brand new stair carpet trying todo yerself a favour moving the rad out the way

Skimmed a wall once and live cable been buried in it which didn’t know at the time ,never noticed it until last trowel , didn’t give a shock but like a slight electric light buzz feeling up my arm every time crossed the wall , told my mate he thought was a wind then he had a cross and said wow ,customer called out a electrician and sure enough the wall was live

Skimmed a wall once and live cable been buried in it which didn’t know at the time ,never noticed it until last trowel , didn’t give a shock but like a slight electric light buzz feeling up my arm every time crossed the wall , told my mate he thought was a wind then he had a cross and said wow ,customer called out a electrician and sure enough the wall was live

Had that before too. Tingly.

Had it on a scaffold that, outside light been taped to it. Was like harry dunne in dumb and dumber every time to touched it. Grabbed hold of your hand like a magnet. Had a few do’s before I realised it was light on the other side.
ECA03CF1-BEF8-4A3C-A609-86DE3B1DCE38.jpeg

I take the faceplates off and then I made up some cardboard cut outs that fit inside the sockets. IO then skim over them and before it is dry I take the card out for crisp clean boxes.