Poor Plasterers

Of course there's a fourth factor which is the manufacturers bumping their prices to try and make up some of the losses caused by poor sales in the recession.

So the price increases in construction materials would be happening whether the referendum vote was in, out or shake it all about.

(y)

What part of it doesn’t cost a plasterer a penny are you struggling with ? So the % increase to a plasterer is zero
So you can’t even tell me the difference in % , you have to pay for the new bags of plaster? Do I have to be surprised?

I'm not getting into the whole Brexit to and fro, but there are three things driving materials price increases.

1) Increases in wholesale gas prices.
2) Devaluation of the pound, which was massively overvalued by the tail end of the recession. The major economists agree that the downward trend is due to that adjustment not Brexit. The 'spikes' are due to market reactions to Brexit.
3) Phased increases in the green tariffs.

Of course there's a fourth factor which is the manufacturers bumping their prices to try and make up some of the losses caused by poor sales in the recession.

So the price increases in construction materials would be happening whether the referendum vote was in, out or shake it all about.
How the hell did you come to this conclusion

Agree with GPS on this one, customer will pay + my mark up so makes no odds to me, I will put another tenner on Mrs Smith's kitchen, problem resolved

Agree with GPS on this one, customer will pay + my mark up so makes no odds to me, I will put another tenner on Mrs Smith's kitchen, problem resolved
No , but how would you know by how much to increase your price to cover not only the cost of the bags, but the lost - inflation and maybe reduced sale, if you cant figure it out ? The manufacturer has and has put his prices up, but you and gps will cover only the manufacturers margin? Is that correct?

No , but how would you know by how much to increase your price to cover not only the cost of the bags, but the lost - inflation and maybe reduced sale, if you cant figure it out ? The manufacturer has and has put his prices up, but you and gps will cover only the manufacturers margin? Is that correct?
Can technical talk all you want I don't care, not bothered about manufacturer reduced sales, I charge £7 a bag and will change it to £8...some of you lads think your cleverer than you are. I'm not here to right the countries economy just to make sure I earn good money

id say any business men/woman reading all this shite would be thinking ....."typical meat headed s**t sack plasterers".

spreads trying to sound intelligent again.
haha the price of a bag of f**k**g skim lol....couldnt make it up.

Can technical talk all you want I don't care, not bothered about manufacturer reduced sales, I charge £7 a bag and will change it to £8...some of you lads think your cleverer than you are. I'm not here to right the countries economy just to make sure I earn good money
Didn’t know asking exact questions can be classified as technical! And yet you are moving up your prices, but don’t know how to level them with the manufacturers. Well, neither do I hence I asked @gps to put it simple on here , but he is getting them for free, so basically we don’t have a problem after all. That I understood.

Didn’t know asking exact questions can be classified as technical! And yet you are moving up your prices, but don’t know how to level them with the manufacturers. Well, neither do I hence I asked @gps to put it simple on here , but he is getting them for free, so basically we don’t have a problem after all. That I understood.
I wasn't being funny just saying it's basic for me, if my base cost increases I'll increase my price to cover. I'm domestic so Mrs Smith's lounge being £370 instead of £350 not to much of a big deal

Only material prices going up, not labour lol

@Lodan has got this nailed!!!!!

& he's supposed to be the new boy!!!

All the rest is pure "piss & wind"

Talk about over F*****g complicating the thickest dog s**t trade in building game!!!

Think some of you lot think yet F*****g traders in the city or summet!!!

90% on here myself included are just F*****g numpty 1 man band sole traders...

Makes me laff way you all talk my business this my business that...

Aghhhhhhhh " YOUR NOT A FUKIN BUSINESS"

YOU HAVE NO ASSETTS OR EMPLOYEES OR BUSINESS TO SELL...ITS WORTH F*****g ZERO...AS IN f**k ALL!!!

YOUR JUST A SELF EMPLOYED NUMPTY!!!!

JEEEE....GET OVER YET SENS!!!!@

Last edited:
Also I don't need to level with manufacturers exactly just make sure I'm not out of pocket on materials, not that bothered on making on mats can do that on labour just need to make sure I'm not loosing

Talk about over F*****g complicating the thickest dog shot trade in building game!!!

YOU HAVE NO ASSETTS OR EMPLOYEES OR BUSINESS TO SELL...ITS WORTH F*****g ZERO...AS IN f**k ALL!!!

I got two years now I'll have you know I'm old school now:)

Talk about over F*****g complicating the thickest dog shot trade in building game!!!

@zombie straight as a fookin arrow :sisi:

How the hell did you come to this conclusion

Just reading stuff basically, I like to know the 'whys' of things. There's so much utter bollox spouted about Brexit on both sides of the debate/argument so I made an effort to find out as much as I could about it before and after the referendum.

Unsurprisingly there's potential good and potential bad down the line. As with most things we think we have influence over, the effects will be down to decisions made above our pay grade irrespective of the vote.

But if you priced a job in November for February and had added on a bit anyway you cant revise your price cos materials have gone up in jan

But if you priced a job in November for February and had added on a bit anyway you cant revise your price cos materials have gone up in jan

I know it's overkill to use a contract with T&Cs for skimming Mrs Jones ceiling, but they can save you dropping yourself in it. This is the relevant section from mine :-

"5.3. Notwithstanding 4.1 and 4.2 above, the Supplier may vary the contract price from the amount set out in the Quotation where he has provided services which are different or in addition to those set out in the Quotation either at the specific request of the Client or because he has been required to complete additional work which was not anticipated at the time the Quotation was made, or because of market fluctuations in the price of materials. "

Why not ? No deposit was took no contract signed, they could cancel at the drop of a hat so why not increase material cost if it’s gone up enough to have to do it ?

Not surprised at all mate you of them all “zombie “ plasterers got it nailed - with every price increase we earn less and less. Do you have to be “clever” plasterer to get it ffs.

How ffs, it’s not eating into my labour cost

I just paid £5.70 for a pallet of dab adhesive
Is that for
I know it's overkill to use a contract with T&Cs for skimming Mrs Jones ceiling, but they can save you dropping yourself in it. This is the relevant section from mine :-

"5.3. Notwithstanding 4.1 and 4.2 above, the Supplier may vary the contract price from the amount set out in the Quotation where he has provided services which are different or in addition to those set out in the Quotation either at the specific request of the Client or because he has been required to complete additional work which was not anticipated at the time the Quotation was made, or because of market fluctuations in the price of materials. "
what sort of people do you work for? f**k*d if I would do any ones job if I had to go through that

Not surprised at all mate you of them all “zombie “ plasterers got it nailed - with every price increase we earn less and less. Do you have to be “clever” plasterer to get it ffs.
You qouted yourself

People work and think different, I couldn't give monkeys tbh, lost battle here with rates and prices.

Is that for

what sort of people do you work for? f**k*d if I would do any ones job if I had to go through that

All sorts, local council, companies but most of my work now is domestics. It's horses for courses I know, but if I'm quoting for an £80k extension then leaving myself open to taking a hit on £40k of materials would be daft.