Problem with a Plaster ceiling I just hired out... Any advise?

Welcome along @DJhumvee

I understand now why you struggled to find a real plasterer :D If that job was in the UK I dont think you would have had the same problem but I am taking a punt that NY plasterers dont skim a great deal so would not have exactly a great deal of experience in that part... (just a guess)

If it was my house I would rip it down or overboard it again... replaster and then go for a pint :D

Welcome along @DJhumvee

I understand now why you struggled to find a real plasterer :D If that job was in the UK I dont think you would have had the same problem but I am taking a punt that NY plasterers dont skim a great deal so would not have exactly a great deal of experience in that part... (just a guess)

If it was my house I would rip it down or overboard it again... replaster and then go for a pint :D

Isn't there a market for reskims of older properties in the states though, when everything was solid? Don't get that bit....there must be trained wet plasterers. Maybe we all need to move over there, one in each state. Not going down South though, f**k**g klan rednecks.

Isn't there a market for reskims of older properties in the states though, when everything was solid? Don't get that bit....there must be trained wet plasterers. Maybe we all need to move over there, one in each state. Not going down South though, f**k**g klan rednecks.

honestly not entirely sure... same in australia... they thought I was nuts when I told them I would skim over plasterboard

Reminds me of the time I went to skim a ceiling, guy said he had just finished boarding it and had a couple bags multifinish there. He makes a coffee while I mix up. Two minute chat goes to load up my hawk and can't get my bucket trowel out of the mix, set like stone . Turns out he'd had the bags in the garage for 5 years lol. Always check the dates on the bags. British gypsum sell a primer now. We have been having huge problems on site with suction and BG boards for last couple years.