Pure finish verdict

• Thread starter Deleted member 21440
  • Start date
@Keegan88

Ain’t all that just over priced multi just a bit creamy trowels out the same.
Only £7 a bag so not much more. Makes my life abit easier and customers paying anyway

Selco wanted £10 a bag near me. Yes the customer pays for it but they might not want to pay you for a month.
Christ, that's alot. £399 for a pallet of 56 bags from Travis Perkins near me. Not much over a quid a bag more than multi. Customer wouldn't even notice the difference in the quote

I find TP is expensive for everything, wickes then selco for me on most prices
Yes everything is a rip off in there if you just go and pick it up and take it to the till with no account, but no tradesman is going to do that. Same at every builders merchant

I haggle right to the bone and get amazing discounts with local merchants, I know I'm a right pain to them but they all know it's in good faith and banter

Yes everything is a rip off in there if you just go and pick it up and take it to the till with no account, but no tradesman is going to do that. Same at every builders merchant

Christ, that's alot. £399 for a pallet of 56 bags from Travis Perkins near me. Not much over a quid a bag more than multi. Customer wouldn't even notice the difference in the quote
Must be a Surrey thing prices! But even so I wouldn’t go out my way to get pure finish unless some one specifically wanted it. Iv had more problems with board finish.

Could put it to that mate house wasn’t to cold think it was bad storage at the other end?
We had probs few weeks back . Same s**t. Some one on here said warm rooms was cold n damp. Whacked heaters on had no probs

We had probs few weeks back . Same s**t. Some one on here said warm rooms was cold n damp. Whacked heaters on had no probs
Always bring a heater with me if it’s to cold on my little willy. I used pure multi and board finish on this house. multi was best in my opinion.

Just finished a freezing house and had no issues. On next one which has some heaters in plus my heaters and had issues with multi. Think it's just bad gear sometimes as I've had it a few times and it behaves exactly the same everytime it happens.

Goes on fine, lays in fine. Go to flatten and it tears and pulls. Get it reasonable but it's like fully set in patches and piss wet in others........... took a video

Just finished a freezing house and had no issues. On next one which has some heaters in plus my heaters and had issues with multi. Think it's just bad gear sometimes as I've had it a few times and it behaves exactly the same everytime it happens.

Goes on fine, lays in fine. Go to flatten and it tears and pulls. Get it reasonable but it's like fully set in patches and piss wet in others........... took a video

R.A.F .
Used multi last week must be them yorkshire gold bags

So you say multi best .....@lurpak

I don't think there is a best, I think sometimes the gear can be faulty or as @Gibbo said before, the way the merchant stores it. Maybe theres pallets left outside in rain or something.. f**k knows.

i find board finish really gritty

Freezing house been like summer here lol

Looks like a nightmare to work with that stuff.

Bad prep hehe (get ready)

Painted wall pva n skim lol. do it 6 days a week but only have a problem every now n then. had gear tested lasttime came back faulty and had a bag taken today for testing again. Do wonder about the merchant storage tho if it can ruin the gear

That’s what was going on with the board finish. think I just want a moan because I can’t wait till the summer.

Painted wall pva n skim lol. do it 6 days a week but only have a problem every now n then. had gear tested lasttime came back faulty and had a bag taken today for testing again. Do wonder about the merchant storage tho if it can ruin the gear
Where you get it from. My Turk gets it from jewsons is it thats owned by gypsum and it spreads like peanut butter jelly (not for you @Cockney1 lol)