qualifications?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiy

Alright guys, I wanted to ask if you have to be qualified to work on site? I'm working on my nvq and am confident that I could do any work that's asked of me, apart from using a machine as I've never used one lol
thanks in advance, kiy

who do you think is going to employ you? you are at apprentice level.
site work is for piece workers who know their craft inside out to be able to produce enough metre square to earn a living.

that's what I was asking... out of the ads I've seen, only ones asked for a qual. furthermore, how would anyone get to know their craft inside out, without getting on the tools? will I be at a higher level then I am now after I gain my nvq? no, I'll be at the same level, but with paperwork

I did a 5 yrs as an apprentice with Birmingham Plasterers [H.A.T Group] in the late 70s. Must say I learnt more in 6 months on site work ,than I did as an apprentice,

Kiy , how far till ur qualified ? How many metres would you say you could do day in day out ? All on to new board work ..... See if its even viable for u making money !

I did a 5 yrs as an apprentice with Birmingham Plasterers [H.A.T Group] in the late 70s. Must say I learnt more in 6 months on site work ,than I did as an apprentice,

I've just finished 2yrs of college, so I've been taught the way to go, but like you say, since I've been doing my own jobs (houses ect) I've learnt so much more! it's just frustrating that I may have to wait another year til I can walk on site as "qualified"

Kiy , how far till ur qualified ? How many metres would you say you could do day in day out ? All on to new board work ..... See if its even viable for u making money !

I'm about halfway through my full solid nvq, on new boards.. I'm not sure tbh, but I believe just skimming I could comfortably finish 80 meters, hardest part would be the ceiling as I tend to get a real sweat on lol

Aye u will struggle with them metres like i rekin so dont think u will be rich str8 away ! Lol good luck in anyway bud . U need to try see what plastering contractors are being used on sites near you and contact them . Not sure if you rang up sites they would tell you ?!? Somebody may know the answer to that

Aye u will struggle with them metres like i rekin so dont think u will be rich str8 away ! Lol good luck in anyway bud . U need to try see what plastering contractors are being used on sites near you and contact them . Not sure if you rang up sites they would tell you ?!? Somebody may know the answer to that

haha thanks, I'm not really bothered about making a lot of money at the moment, I'm more interested in gaining experience, that's far more valuable right now :)

80m2 at 2 quid... not pauper money, doubt you would get 80m on tho...

I understand what your saying, and I tried to amend it to 60-70, but I couldn't lol the, it depends on what I'm doing... walls as you know are easy, ceilings are hard graft!

What tags, is nisus at it, ?

.:RpS_unsure:

thought it was your doing..cause you said earlier in the thread"this is funny" then " still funny"?:RpS_sneaky:
and.....anythinglikethis!!!! Same style as the tag things......:confused:

Last edited:
You do not have to be qualified to work on site and you don't have to have a cscs card but most sites won't let you on with a card :RpS_biggrin:

.:RpS_unsure:

thought it was your doing..cause you said earlier in the thread"this is funny" then " still funny"?:RpS_sneaky:
and.....anythinglikethis!!!! Same style as the tag things......:confused:
Nope not me. Haven't even seen it..

Status
Not open for further replies.