Really upset with my rendered house...

Members online

I've learnt everything in plastering literally over my 17 years apart from rendering it never intrested me it's something I never learned the trouble is you can go on a k-rend course for however long it is for become certified to use there products the render comes in bags and that's it you go from practicing on a wall to doing full houses this is where any tom dick and Harry who's had ago on the course will rock up and try a bang out a semi detached house

Silicone bucket coats is what you want to be learning if your going to start late in the day and just concentrate on 1 manufacturer & system.

Monos not fit for uk climate imo and S&C went out with black jacking damp walls in the 70s.

tbf was advised against rendering early on. 0 interest in it now. Does look good Done right

Unless you intend on having lads working for you it's not viable. Would never render a house without 3 men on scaffold.

Every man needs to know his job and be well versed or big mistakes that cost a hell of alot of money to rectify.

i get phone calls all the time for it. Don’t even have anyone I can recommend

Silicone bucket coats is what you want to be learning if your going to start late in the day and just concentrate on 1 manufacturer & system.

Monos not fit for uk climate imo and S&C went out with black jacking damp walls in the 70s.

i agree that mono is to slow setting for our climate even when dosed up. the price on mono has fell to low to be of any interest. my son gave his mono tools away, he earned well years ago but won't touch it now.

i agree that mono is to slow setting for our climate even when dosed up. the price on mono has fell to low to be of any interest. my son gave his mono tools away, he earned well years ago but won't touch it now.

most of plastering
like all jobs has fell on its arse.

If he’s happy to clean up I’d take a chill pill all plastering is messy in one way or the other , take plumbing for example or electrical work they don’t use wet materials

Not hard being a renderer & to work around uk weather
Surely !
: check weather forecast
: have protection in place
: get paid

Your welcome

Big responsibility rendering if you care big figures & expensive mistakes!

A mouse got under the render on this one. John Wayne Renders ltd said as soon as it stops running about It will settle

F8713A6D-0836-4615-9298-4FF1B116EFDE.jpeg

The weather is not his fault ? Have you spoken to the guy
The guy we employed to do the job is very apologetic, but at the same time he actually subcontracted the job out...

The weather was predicted, and infact this was them returning to fix faults left from the original coat.

I haven't paid a penny out yet, but the more I look the more faults I'm spotting now.

How many attempts should they have to fix their faults??

The guy we employed to do the job is very apologetic, but at the same time he actually subcontracted the job out...

The weather was predicted, and infact this was them returning to fix faults left from the original coat.

I haven't paid a penny out yet, but the more I look the more faults I'm spotting now.

most new properties in cumbria are rendered
the outside lads know when too leave it.
pisses down all the time in the lakes.

They was returning to fix faults and then decided to texture is that right?
how many faults are there then?
To be fair why would there be any faults if those who you have employed are professionals?
Was the contractor recommended or did you find him through other means?

They was returning to fix faults and then decided to texture is that right?
how many faults are there then?
To be fair why would there be any faults if those who you have employed are professionals?
Was the contractor recommended or did you find him through other means?
He was recommended to me, I've seen a few of the jobs he has done previously and they all looked really nice.

Correct, they chipped off a wall due to being really lumpy and re applied at the same time.