Rendering

Members online

bassanclan

I am managing a refurb of a large 5 bedroom 1950s detached house.
Brick/brick construction with block/block extensions.

The whole property is to be rendered with ashlar grooves such as:

This (found on the internet)
index.jpg

Or this house locally (not sure if the top half has been re-rendered in the past)
Untitled3.jpg

The job is in Atherstone Warwickshire

I imagine that the above two properties are lime/cement and sand.
I am open to that option, but I expect the cost will be prohibitive and a modern commercial render may be a better option.

If you have experience in this sort of work please get in touch

Nice job for someone

Plenty of good renderers on here

Looks in quite good condition from the picture tbf..

Good luck with the project

The photos are examples of the final finish that is required.
The house has 333 sqm to render
This is what it currently looks like...
66SS Roof.jpg

The work should be able to commence in late April - we're just waiting for delivery of the windows.
There is also all the internal skimming to be done which could be pulled in during wet times

They are dense concrete blocks.
The owners didn't like the existing brickwork and intended to render the whole building when they started the extension, so no point in building in bricks and then covering them with render

The work should be able to commence in late April - we're just waiting for delivery of the windows.
There is also all the internal skimming to be done which could be pulled in during wet times
So you want the render and skimming doing May onwards ?

Do you already have someone lined up for the boarding inside ?

They are dense concrete blocks.
The owners didn't like the existing brickwork and intended to render the whole building when they started the extension, so no point in building in bricks and then covering them with render

i have not seen a concrete block that look blue before, that is why i thought they were thermalite blocks.

I've have guys that I regularly employ to board and skim etc.
I know guys who can render a house, but I don't know anyone who has done the ashlar grooves and/or lime render to a really high standard.
If I was employing someone to render the house on a day rate, then there is boarding/skimming which could be done if the external rendering can't be done due to weather.

Yes the last week of April/first week of May start date for external rendering

I've have guys that I can call to board and skim etc.
I know guys who can render a house, but I don't know anyone who has done the ashlar grooves and/or lime render to a really high standard

I've have guys that I regularly employ to board and skim etc.
I know guys who can render a house, but I don't know anyone who has done the ashlar grooves and/or lime render to a really high standard.
If I was employing someone to render the house on a day rate, then there is boarding/skimming which could be done if the external rendering can't be done due to weather.

Yes the last week of April/first week of May start date for external rendering

I've have guys that I can call to board and skim etc.
I know guys who can render a house, but I don't know anyone who has done the ashlar grooves and/or lime render to a really high standard
Why does it have to be lime render just finish this with lines in it.
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1457561223.246768.jpg