reskim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were i live there building a new estate at the back of our house.
Was talking to a plasterer last week as i walked past and he told me they get 1 week to dab / board up and skim out a 3 bed with ensuite main bathroom and down stair toilet llounge large kitchen diner and paid by the completed unit (house),although he would not divulge how much a unit to me.
They work in a 3 man gang.
1 coat over board work @ 2.4 M ceiling height x 3 good plasterers = job done.
I would have loved to find out what they earn a unit between the 3 of them.

is it like that on most sites? and do the big cats ask for 1 coat or do they spreads just do it to get the jobs done

one good well layed on thick coat of board finnish left well alone till troweling time and ur smashing 4 walls on at once in a 3x4 m room x 3 spreads x 2 sets a day do the maths.
The quality of of these guys will have to be good or theyl be out the door same day in this climate.
Obviously s h i t spreads will turn up on site and get booted becuse there work is crap or leave becuse they canyt do the M2s to make a living.

Its no wonder there's no money in the jobs any more, doing that. I'll stick to putting two proper coats on and turning out nice work. If thats how its got to be done to earn a living then who am I to say other wise. Each to their own.I 've had these discussions time and time again with different people 1 coat versus 2 etc, swings and roundabouts etc. I've got my opinions like everyone else has theirs.

I think he taught me !:RpS_laugh:
could you do a double bedroom in a day? with ceiling? if you can then you won't be far off on that full house. if you do 1 wall per set your wasting your time. i worked on a site once with this lad who'd just finished a plastering course and was learning to be a lecturer ??? he would skim 1 wall per set, took him 2 weeks to skim out a 2 bed flat. and no, i'm not joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.