Reskimming over new plaster

Members online

Vinegar!! Dowse the lot with vinegar then put on a thin coat of iron bru!!!! Make sure it's iron bru mind!!! And just remember to go steady and not but too much on its expensive stuff with these sugar taxes! I think Travis are doing them for£8 a can (y)

Thanks for your help guys I don't expect anything else than laughable suggestions on here but I know there's always one or two that will give a sensible answer lol

Wait till @Danny sees it! Editing ,deleting and banning is in order, especially for the old school butter spreading scones lovers.

Thanks for your help guys I don't expect anything else than laughable suggestions on here but I know there's always one or two that will give a sensible answer lol
Allo Dave!
There’s Always a sensible answer for a fellow hammer mate!!
Just pva it till it ain’t sucking in the pva at a rapid rate. If it’s really bone dry it may need a good 3 coats of (watered down) pva. Depending on the make of pva (thickness out of the tub) then the ratio to use will be 1-1/2-1 (water to pva).
All the best davey, I wish you happy Plastering mate and Come on you Irons!! (y)

Allo Dave!
There’s Always a sensible answer for a fellow hammer mate!!
Just pva it till it ain’t sucking in the pva at a rapid rate. If it’s really bone dry it may need a good 3 coats of (watered down) pva. Depending on the make of pva (thickness out of the tub) then the ratio to use will be 1-1/2-1 (water to pva).
All the best davey, I wish you happy Plastering mate and Come on you Irons!! (y)
Cheers for that mate
COYI

If it's only 5sqm surely it don't matter how fast it goes off as long as you get it to the point it won't craze

You a plasterer. Loads of pva i still wouldnt like to be skimming that ceiling over fresh skim .
My trade was plumbing but 5 years ago I got into plastering and that's all I enjoy doing now but never too old to learn . I will be doing it by the end of the week when I can fit it in mate so we will see lol

My trade was plumbing but 5 years ago I got into plastering and that's all I enjoy doing now but never too old to learn . I will be doing it by the end of the week when I can fit it in mate so we will see lol
Are you mad??
You were a Plumber now you want to be a plasterer??
You should have stuck to plumbing mate

To be fair I know Danny said be nice but come on man it's 5sqm just do it I don't see the problem......it could be done in 30 minutes and would still be fine

To be fair I know Danny said be nice but come on man it's 5sqm just do it I don't see the problem......it could be done in 30 minutes and would still be fine
Go easy on him he’s an ex “Plumbler” he’s only been Plastering for 5 years and still wondering how to re skim a small ceiling lol

Thought he meant 5 x 5 meters lol . And i asked other kid and sparki on job n they were unsure lol

LOL!
If this thread hasn't shown you it's not just plumbers, read a few more.
Or start a thread about how great multi is and BG are the best comapny in the world...
Lol the job I'm doing now the customer got multi even though I told him to get board finish and I know how shire that can be so couldn't do it to them

I've tried going over new plaster before and it sucked the hell out of it straight away after PVA so just wondered if there's any other way of getting over the problem didn't realise I was gonna start world war three lol

I've tried going over new plaster before and it sucked the hell out of it straight away after PVA so just wondered if there's any other way of getting over the problem didn't realise I was gonna start world war three lol

get an american to mix a french man to glue and an englishman to coat and an irishman to trowel up NATO will help clean up...they are all good allies (y)