sbr for reskim

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've skimmed cured SBR loads of times and it's fine as long as theres still suction.

If you SBRed silk paint, then skimmed it the chances of it staying on would be slim IMO.

I use it diluted on very high suction backgrounds (fresh plaster or old white lime) so it soaks in rather than sitting on top.

Been back to jobtoday and skim is painted and stuck like ****, 1 coat 5-1 with water then day before skimming 3-1 on top, and skimmed next day when dry, sweellll.

Definatly dont skim onto sbr when tacky aftr afew coats as it hung for ages . I tried to say....

hi mate i used uni finish for first time last week straight on artex ceiling in bathroom wen dried lady painted it then went in shower and it started coming of in sheets only thing is she said she useda dehumidifier to help dry it out and also the extractor fan was permanantly on we i did it wat do u think thanks

Lol random davro, I think youll possibly need to rebuild the house as spunky says. Or it perhaps dried in too quick amd didnt suction in.

On a seriius note was it the uni finish only coming off or the artex too?

Thats a weird one mate because im sure BG say you can go over artex . They say itl stick to the artex but you have to check the bond of the artex to the actual ceiling.

The right way is pva interior, and eva is an external pva that or like you say sbr but eva is an external pva if that makes sense they both have there place i am not being funny just saying like :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.