sds drill bits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dansouthcoast84

Private Member
Where are you getting your drill bits from for mushroom fixings.
How long they lasting?
We have 250mm 10mm dia. Lasting approx 500 holes

you need a decent drill, we use hilti, other drills just tear the bit up.
what material are you fixing into? ie brick, block, nofines, concrete.

Mainly reema. Some no fines.
Been using bosch, just wondered if there were any super drill bits lasting longer than an end of terace

Hilti bits are good

if your going into prefab/precast housing though that can really eat drill bits especially on hi rise when you hit steel

on the no fines do you have to have your little extraction machine hoovers on ?

Hilti are very good. Does your drill bit look scorched or become very hot from overuse? You may need to switch bits to prolong their life :)

What sort of life span you getting out of the hilti

It all depends on how much pressure you're applying. If I'm in a hurry and need to get things done, I'll press that bit harder and drill repeatedly without letting the drill bit cool down. It also depends on what I'm drilling into, harder backgrounds will wear the bit out much faster. I don't really count the number of holes but your number of 500 is good for whatever you're using. I like the Hilti's because they provide a truer hole: the bit has less tendency to slip out of position and enlarge the hole :)

I still have an SDS drill from a company called Elu. 20 years on and it's still going strong. The design, weight and balance are spot on :)

Alright mate best drills to use are Bosch professional and Milwaukee drill bits . There 7 quid each but you get about 10 days out of them . Constantly drilling

We use the dewalt extreme bits. Absolutely superb

I haven't come across too many people using dewalt extreme bits.
although I have only ever used makita sds drill bits, I have used dewalt extreme drill bits and they are very good.
I also have a set of dewalt extreme screwdriver bits with a locking magnetic bit holder.
I bought them the first week I started work as a cabinet maker nearly 10 years ago and they are still going strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.