Shoulder

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

spunky

Private Member
I'm really struggling at the min were float and setting and I'm fine at the tops but when I get to eye level I'm pushing it up with my back and getting on tip toes if you know what I mean I've got nothing left in my shoulder, seems weird I've been fine but it's gradually got worse over the last couple of weeks theres a bit of pain especially when I'm sleeping anyone had it starting to worry me a bit plus I look like a tit laying on with me hawk lol

sounds like over use, a bit like tennis elbow, you need to go to docs, my guess is he will tell you to rest , maybe a good time if you have xmas holidays, to get that rest, if it dont improve, ask your doc to give you cortisone injections, had this done myself 2 years ago and have had no trouble since. good luck.

hey jenks thats exactly what i got, and when it hurts it is like a horrible toothache that u wanna drive ur thumb through ur shoulder to relieve it.

dunno what it is but had it for 5 years. gets worse the less you do:RpS_cursing:

Jenks if you're doing it by hand does it feel like you have to do it over exaggerated with you're elbow square to the wall I cant get me shoulder to get up and over ????
Cheers gordo I'm booked in for Friday so will have a weeks rest and I'm praying I don't get any drugs I can't drink on ......I'm gonna have a go at laying on with a Darby tommorow so i can use both hands lol

Book an appointment at the docs to get your fanny sown up lol nah honestley i had the same all be it not from plastering but i had a sports massage to re align the tissue and cartlidge hope this helps

Abs has just got over surgery on his shoulder so in his best Aussie tang he's been telling me 'yeah you're ****** mate what can you do'

Probably have a nervous breakdown skint and jenks would have a clogged up machine but It's true if you can afford one even if you're covering you're and it's money it takes the donkey work out of getting it on

Dunno if I had to same problem as you but about half a year ago I couldn't raise my right arm with out pain, not even for simple things like piking my hawk up for a short period of time, don't try working through it either only gets worse.

It would start right at the top of my arm then into my shoulder, I just let it rest for a week and a half now I don't get any problems at all.

Hope it is that Russ cheers mate, bod were on daywork but he's pushy he still wants us covering our money on an awkward job .....doesn't matter though does it I just want my arm to be better abs is still labouring on us both

This weather doesnt do the muscles or joints any good. Before you start work, try and warm up the joints by doing shoulder rotations, and flexing the elbows and wrists. The movement gets the synovial fluid (like oil within the joints), and muscles and tendons warm, and will make you much less suseptable to injury (a bit like not ragging your car engine on a cold morning).

But since it is a bit late you may have to go down a few other routes. Look into 'trigger point therapy', sports massage, phsiotherapy, and possibly chiropractic care. Stuff that you can do for free includes hot and cold therapy (alternating between hot packs and cold packs, this sorts out many problems).

Learn some basic stretches, particularly for your shoulders, chest, and back and do them very regularly (twice a day holding each 15-20 seconds).

Nutrition is another aspect you can look at. Glucosamine with chondroitin, calcium, and lots of fish oil. Glucosamine has been proven many times to be good for prevention and rehabilitative care for joints, only problem is it can be a bit expensive- but its worth it. Stock up on these supplements when Holland and Barret have sales on.

As others have said rest is probably the best thing you can do though. You may just be ****** though, in which case you might have to rent your arse out to Micheal Barrymore!....which reminds me...swimming is great for joint mobility too. :RpS_thumbup:

i have the same problems with my shoulder mate the docs gave me valium for it and injection in both areas i got my self to the state where i cuddnt even dress my self i couldnt lift my arm higher than my waist i liturally cuddnt do anything.
i was told to rest but have a family to support so cuddnt do that so i teamed up with anouther spread for a week or 2 and just got him to lay on whilst i swapped hands and went behind troweling up but had to use a squeezy spray bottle cos i cuddnt hold brush and trowel.
its a sorry state to be in but unfortuatly its comeing to all of us:RpS_crying:

both my shoulder joints crack now. AND i've had pains all over my upper body. Yep. plastering has done me right in.

Spunky, I had all those symptoms for years.

Finally sorted with surgery a year ago, was caused by impingement of bone and tendons in the shoulder, had a sub acromial decompression and was off work for 2 months - only just now getting back to full strength.

its been alright for the last year or so mate my shoulder is a bit clicky but if it plays up i take one of the valium and its sorts it out i also have strong perscription pain killers for it my elbows been the worst one over tha last year that is why i switched to the plastic trowel cos i couldnt physically apply the pressure required for a final wet trowel just found the plastic ment could still work with bearable pain rather than every strike bringing a tear to my eye

there's something comforting about spunky being in pain...

Be nice his career could be over and he is in so much pain (fair enough probably not that much pain) his condition could get a lot worse and then maybe his mate will want to lower his dayrate, they fall out and old spunky is on the scrap heap. Sad state of affairs when a young man in his prime needs to leave the trade just when he is starting to pick it up sad sad times :(

Give it a couple of days rest. Juce up with some creatine and have a protein after work. It's over work, muscular fatigue.

Tiger balm spunk make sure you have a sponge supporting under your handboard, next try and drop onto a 11" trowel if
possible and have you decent boots for work and not worn down on the heal .

Be nice his career could be over and he is in so much pain (fair enough probably not that much pain) his condition could get a lot worse and then maybe his mate will want to lower his dayrate, they fall out and old spunky is on the scrap heap. Sad state of affairs when a young man in his prime needs to leave the trade just when he is starting to pick it up sad sad times :(

I bet you couldn't keep a straight face whilst typing that lol.

hmm been doin it ten year now though so its bound to start to catch up with me at some point just seems to be early but on the upside i am still young so i heal quicker than you old codgers:flapper:

Same problem with my shoulder mate. Been told its rotator cuff syndrome and arthritis. Me right knee is ****** too. Try glucosamine and chondroitin (SAINSBURYS OWN BRAND oops ), worked wonders for my knee. Shoulder pain comes and goes :RpS_cursing:

spunky u should never over strech.tempting as it is 2 get that little bit extra on.u should not be on yur tip toes.

Tiger balm is a good shout H, make sure you get the red one spunkyy and put it on with either gloves or a make up pad thing from the mrs n throw it away after. Is there any tablets you can take to keep the muscles and joints from straining in the first place

Lol fingers crossed you do get hit by that bus or you slip on that slippy tile while getting out of the bath to give you're kids there Christmas presents and fall into you're partners arms slowly dying from a blood clot in front of you're children x

Tiger balm spunk make sure you have a sponge supporting under your handboard, next try and drop onto a 11" trowel if
possible and have you decent boots for work and not worn down on the heal .
Handboard ? Henry ffs what would worn down boots do with my shoulder being bad lol

worn down boots with ruin your posture which can give you pain in all sorts of places.

bed the tablets you can take to relax your muscels and joints would be the valium that i take for the pain, it does help but im not sure how long itll last before my body gets used to them and the docs have to try find something else to help me

Status
Not open for further replies.