Site monkeys/Skimmers vs "proper plasterers"

Members online

Well I'd like to think that I'm one of the old bastards you're trying to get a rise out of @The_one_coat_wizard .
When I was on normal site work I would average 75sqm a day on walls or a tad more on lids.
I'd also average 84sqm of floating will S&C. Both without a labourer and never getting dragged back in with a snagging list.
I knew I was pretty quick, but also meet quicker.
I definitely don't have any sort of axe to grind with the younger lads 'smashing it'. I do however find it sad when I keep hearing about the lowering of standards and corners being cut. Cutting corners and getting more metres done doesn't mean that you're fast though.
I've earned well over the years by covering, what I consider, decent metres, now I earn decent money covering fewer metres. I've enjoyed both.[/QUO
So is he really saying 17 bags in a day that’s mental no wonder he had next day off it must 18 hour shift
That's why he talking utter shite

E9F8FED9-318D-47F0-94EF-DCED91369C33.gif

So 170m between 4 of you is 42.5 m each some lads get that on in a batch and it took 4 of you 7-5 and needed the next day off..how has this got 4 pages and why did I read them all I could of had more m on the walls

Were did I say their was 4 of us and when did I say I only put 42 metres on hahahah
3 of us, each lad doing between 170 and 150

So wait their you know lads who can do 45 metre hits in one go by themselves

Why is it so mad to hear lads doing 50 60 metre hits with rolling gauges between lads, different lad mixes each time till you get your room on

Well I think you are going to be my inspiration for next year on how not to work it's worn me out reading this.you should break your back for nobody because they ain't Guna do it for you especially for £200 a day

Three lads mixing into a blue barrel rolling gauges all had our own rooms and corridors it sounds mental, it really wasn't.
We started at 7am, finished at 5pm.
So 3 of u seem to me and others that u threw all that on your own ,17/3 =around 6 bags a piece I’m sure site lads on ere throw that on day n day out

So 3 of u seem to me and others that u threw all that on your own ,17/3 =around 6 bags a piece I’m sure site lads on ere throw that on day n day out

Some very questionable maths on here

I threw 170m on my own.
I defiantly did not use 17 bags to myself.
We mixed into a blue barrel.
We done rolling gauges 3 times through out the day swapping who mixed each time.
My mates threw 150 and 170 on each.
This is painful to explain over and over.

Bear in mind I've only done this once and each of us don't get close to this on a daily average, it can be done, it's stupid and not wise but it can be done

Some very questionable maths on here

I threw 170m on my own.
I defiantly did not use 17 bags to myself.
We mixed into a blue barrel.
We done rolling gauges 3 times through out the day swapping who mixed each time.
My mates threw 150 and 170 on each.
This is painful to explain over and over.
That’s nearly 50 bags of skim between you. That’s what’s making it hard to believe.

Another reason prices are crap, is because its all over the Internet forums roughly how much people are paying, contractors and customers already have a good idea what they should pay us because of stuff like this

I'll tell you the prices I get on here and every Tom dick and Harry can see it and thinks oh ill try and get it done for less than that
R u some kind of cannt tel us what u get and how much you get on in a day on your own or in gang

I can remember years ago I knew two spreads and a lad . They used to skim out a 3 storey 4 bed in a day . One continuous rolling gauge . You’d walk in there and it would be steaming . They never cleaned any beads or round windows . There was always some snagging to do . But hey still take my hat off to them . They shifted some gear