Skim over Artex query

Scrape it , if it's sound , PVA and skim ,, if its a leak from above chances are the board will turn to s**t when it's scraped , cut out the patch , replace ,tape joins PVA and skim. No need to re board the whole thing for a patch

Will blister and fail mid set. Just overboard, why waste time.
Because the customer may be in their 80s , everything is ok with most of life but they just cant stand the water stain/damage, it reminds them of how they feel now ,just like them !!! It will cost more to overboard. Thats my point ! They only want it to " See them out "................... Every job to its own ! Cheers

Lack of insulation above caused that along with steam. It's just surface mould though so scrape off..
Been said before , Bleach. I would stick it on neat, use a synthetic brush as it will dissolve any other type , let it sit then get a diluted mix 1/10, wash it with that, then clean cold water . ONLY KIDDING :ROFLMAO:

Just been to price a job up pretty straightforward.
Stipple Artex to skim over but noticed on area above shower cubicle damp marks(see picture)
Customer says was a leak in roof but cured now and he'll just paint over this area with a damp sealing paint before I come!!
Two things,shouldn't this be done after I've scraped back the stipple and is there a chance the pva will react to his paint depending what he uses?
Advise would be much appreciated thanksView attachment 40117

Pretty straight forwards?, dont sound like it reading the thread.

Over board, or tell him it might go tits up if you skim straight over. Either that or just f*ck the job off. Its just not worth the hassle.

go for Teak with sanding sealer and natural beeswax polish.
I get the whole the whole wood thing, even the smell of fresh cut wood ! But its a tapioca look ! Skim , sponge it , here be the answer) if you skim it then flaten then sponge, take off 1/4 mm surface using an MT. Then give it a min to recover, then Nela s*p*r*lex gold, then , perhaps, a dry pass, then Nela s*x trowel !!!:ROFLMAO:

I get the whole the whole wood thing, even the smell of fresh cut wood ! But its a tapioca look ! Skim , sponge it , here be the answer) if you skim it then flaten then sponge, take off 1/4 mm surface using an MT. Then give it a min to recover, then Nela s*p*r*lex gold, then , perhaps, a dry pass, then Nela s*x trowel !!!:ROFLMAO:

How’s the therapy going mate?

Point being this , if you plaster all meterialsl, as I do, it may look ok when dry, however if you need a piece of work that will be varnished/sealed ,looking mint/ solid and uniform ! left to all to inspect ! Sponge it! Then as above .

Point being this , if you plaster all meterialsl, as I do, it may look ok when dry, however if you need a piece of work that will be varnished/sealed ,looking mint/ solid and uniform ! left to all to inspect ! Sponge it! Then as above .
Tried and tested by myself, many times! Its because in the spongeing you remove the fat, it becomes a slurry that you remove with your MT. Prognisis, no fat means a fat free wall , looks clean ! Mint and sexy !

Scrape it , if it's sound , PVA and skim ,, if its a leak from above chances are the board will turn to s**t when it's scraped , cut out the patch , replace ,tape joins PVA and skim. No need to re board the whole thing for a patch
It would probably take 20-30 minutes to overboard the ceiling and you have nice fresh board to skim on to. I'd pretty much charge the same to overboard and skim as I would to skim over that, not that I ever would skim over it

Just scrape. Seal. Plaster. Paint with
Perma-White® mould resistant interior paint.
As for sealer you need the best waterproof pva or bluegrit. You need something that will bind surface. Also make sure there is plenty of insulation above to stop the future condensation

Just scrape. Seal. Plaster. Paint with
Perma-White® mould resistant interior paint.
As for sealer you need the best waterproof pva or bluegrit. You need something that will bind surface. Also make sure there is plenty of insulation above to stop the future condensation
where you find that registered mark on your keyboard?

Forgot how to skim artex. Might have to start over boarding all of it now I’m a board monkey

A26A8456-0BB4-4E3F-8AAC-5E578B92A8C4.jpeg

Wouldn’t need to scrape that just go straight over it.

However. Over-board as stains will just come through otherwise
Don't worry if stains come through seal them iif they do not a big deal. people make this job complicated. Like paisley or shankley said ffotball easy it just people make it complicated