Small court threat

She can’t just tell you on the phone any way can she? She will have to send a recorded letter to you then you send one back with your reasons or a settlement. Think she’s just being a dick.

I recently re-skimed a living room ceiling for a customer of mine, I've plastered all 4 upstairs ceilings 4 years ago and was well pleased.
The living room didn't have any heating at the time as she was also having a full kitchen refurb by another company .
After a week or so the ceiling developed a hair line crack, the heating was put back on after I left.
I went back to fill, sand and repaint..
She says the ceiling isn't seemless like the upstairs due to the filler.
She is now threatening me with small court over a hairline crack. ( she's been very difficult)
As you all know plaster is brittle, and any movement, drying out, vibrations can cause a hairline.
What do you think the court would say.

Whatever you decide to do, be fore you do it, Email her.

Dear Fatbody,

Further to our conversation regarding our recent contract, please outline your concerns via email, enclosing relevant photographs ...... etc.

Yours, Spread.

Then decide what you want to offer in the way of a remedy and offer it - or not, as the case may be.

Ignore any further phone calls.

You can always get free advice at citizens advice bureau. You should also consider having heads of terms for these sort of occasions

Citizen's advice is sh!t. Usually just an old biddy who looks on line for you. May as well do that yourself.
If you go to small claims court ,you will probably have mediation beforehand , it's all costly , personally I'd call her bluff .

Small claims mediation is free. You don't need a solicitor for nonsense like this and she'd have to pay her own.

The OP's real worry is social fcukign media not courts. If she gets the proper hump, she can write whatever she likes about him all over any advertising he tries to put up.

Then you have a plateful of sh!t for dinner. Like t'Grant in Rammy. Their reviews are the laughing stock of the village. Read them here if you fancy a giggle.

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Hotel_Re...msbottom_Bury_Greater_Manchester_England.html

Oh what fresh hell is this??!!
By far the worst hotel I've ever been in! And I've stayed in some rotters!
The first thing that hits you is the smell! The acrid stench of stale beer eminating from the bar downstairs is horiffic.
The rooms couldn'tbe more frightening if they appeared in The Shining. Don't expect a working shower, a clean bathroom or even a toilet roll!
Entertainment is provided by the cheap alcohol attracting the dregs of the local community like something out of a low budget zombie movie.
Perfect if you like broken tiles and other people's public hair!

In all honesty as much as no one wants cracks they do appear,can’t expect 12mm of chalk and a coat of skim not to give a bit if there is a bit of movement in the house.