Some Help & Advice Please...

Status
Not open for further replies.
How could you live on 90 a day in your area? Average mortgage, family etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

£200!?! How much should a fully qualified plumber or electrician charge if a plaster is charging £200? If you can get it then charge it but only a mug would pay a plasterer £200 per day to do a basic job.

I'm 26 and I live alone (no kids) I'm renting from the council so I've got no mortgage and my rent charges are fairly reasonable.

Let's be hones a lot of people manage to live on less than £1000 per week, some folks scrap by earning £8-9 per hour so it's not that difficult.

Sounds like a twerp telling peeps to scrape by in life and except scraps off the table, but would think nothing of parting with £1-200 for an hours work in a dentists chair. Twerpy from twerp ington crack on with that mentality you"ll go far.:aburrido:

@GaMo on site asscement ? To gain a NVQ - there may be funding available not sure on that ?
£90 per day is better than earning no money - I cannot charge £200 per day in my area , I am Domestic & it (£200 a day is not realistic & I would not gain much work ,There may be someone on here that knows more about NVQs?

Why should a plumber or spark earn more than a plasterer?
Like I said, if that's you all you are charging, it's because you are either very slow or leave shite work, or both

GaMong :sorprendido3: did you come up with one that all by yourself mug?

I never told people to scrape by in life, I simply said that people manage to get by earning £8's an hour so they can easily live on £600 per week. You're all free to charge what you want and if there's fools out there willing to pay those prices then good for you ;)

@GaMo on site asscement ? To gain a NVQ - there may be funding available not sure on that ?
£90 per day is better than earning no money - I cannot charge £200 per day in my area , I am Domestic & it (£200 a day is not realistic & I would not gain much work ,There may be someone on here that knows more about NVQs?

Thanks for the response, I'm looking into going down the on site assessment route. There's a lot of companies out there but AbleSkill seem to be the most promoted online and there prices aren't bad.

maybe your college in your area - could also help & have contact numbers no problem

I never told people to scrape by in life, I simply said that people manage to get by earning £8's an hour so they can easily live on £600 per week. You're all free to charge what you want and if there's fools out there willing to pay those prices then good for you ;)

That's it though, they aren't fools, they are probably getting a cheaper job than getting the likes of yourself in who is as slow as a funeral, and ensuring that they receive a top class job.

Lads on meterage in your area on site will be earning £200. The big firms don't give away money either in case your wondering.

Why should a plumber or spark earn more than a plasterer?

Because they're skilled trades. To work with gas or electricity you have to be qualified, otherwise you're breaking the law. That obviously narrows down the competition straight away.

Physically we work harder sure but what we do takes less skill and training

@pmplaster in my earlier post I mentioned money not being as good in other areas such as the north west. Then I see your from ossy, so like I said it's a possible slight reduction in wages

Because they're skilled trades. To work with gas or electricity you have to be qualified, otherwise you're breaking the law. That obviously narrows down the competition straight away.

Physically we work harder sure but what we do takes less skill and training

In your opinion.

If you think it takes less skill & training your barking.

Then again I'm talking about doing the job properly not spending a short time on a course to get an nvq and then think your zorro with your new trowel

Lads on meterage in your area on site will be earning £200. The big firms don't give away money either in case your wondering.

Most firms pay plasterers around £13 per hour around here, just check the job sites if you don't believe me. I don't know where you get your information but it's widely inaccurate and I know my area buddy.

Most firms pay plasterers around £13 per hour around here, just check the job sites if you don't believe me. I don't know where you get your information but it's widely inaccurate and I know my area buddy.

Yeah?
If that's a half decent job it will be supplied with a vehicle, holiday pay, sick pay, etc etc. Things that are worth a lot of money.

If not its for a patcher not a tradesman

As for me being widely inaccurate, that is pure comedy gold.

In your opinion.

If you think it takes less skill & training your barking.

Then again I'm talking about doing the job properly not spending a short time on a course to get an nvq and then think your zorro with your new trowel

Come on, I'm not trying to put anyone down and if I was I'd be putting myself down because we share the same profession but what we do takes less skill.

We're with the painters and tilers not the electricians and plumbers, the difference is undeniable. Like I said you have to be fully qualified to touch gas or electric. Re wiring a house takes more skill than plastering one FACT and the same goes for laying pipe work.

Yeah?
If that's a half decent job it will be supplied with a vehicle, holiday pay, sick pay, etc etc. Things that are worth a lot of money.

If not its for a patcher not a tradesman

As for me being widely inaccurate, that is pure comedy gold.

Yeah you'll get all of those things for sure but the £200 per day you dream of isn't part of that deal.

Go on any job site and look for plastering work, you'll soon see how inaccurate your £1000+ per week salary fantasies are mate ;)

Come on, I'm not trying to put anyone down and if I was I'd be putting myself down because we share the same profession but what we do takes less skill.

We're with the painters and tilers not the electricians and plumbers, the difference is undeniable. Like I said you have to be fully qualified to touch gas or electric. Re wiring a house takes more skill than plastering one FACT and the same goes for laying pipe work.

Nonsense.

You don't share the same profession as me.

You two are right, the skill we have skimming a wall is equal to that of a brain surgeon! We're literally saving lives with our work and people should pay us what we ask because what we do is so difficult.

You two geniuses waving plaster at a wall is no different from a surgeon going to work with a scalpel or doing keyhole surgery!

I don't know what I was thinking :risas:

You two are right, the skill we have skimming a wall is equal to that of a brain surgeon! We're literally saving lives with our work and people should pay us what we ask because what we do is so difficult.

You two geniuses waving plaster at a wall is no different from a surgeon going to work with a scalpel or doing keyhole surgery!

I don't know what I was thinking :risas:
Congratulations you have talked yourself into the financial position many employers carefully manipulate people into along with politicians etc ,well done and now you know your worth crack on(y)

Reactions: Pug
Sorry for name calling GaMo. If you're ever in Basingstoke I'll find plenty of work for you, I'll even pay you £100 per day. Thanks in advance for raising my earnings by 50%. :)

Congratulations you have talked yourself into the financial position many employers carefully manipulate people into along with politicians etc ,well done and now you know your worth crack on(y)

So you're saying that we should all earn an equal wage regardless of what skills or qualifications we have? What's the point in spending thousands going to college and spending three years of your life scraping through if you're going to earn the same as the kid working in McDonnalds? You've a very communist attitude towards work "We're all on site so we should all earn the same"

So you're saying that we should all earn an equal wage regardless of what skills or qualifications we have? What's the point in spending thousands going to college and spending three years of your life scraping through if you're going to earn the same as the kid working in McDonnalds? You've a very communist attitude towards work "We're all on site so we should all earn the same"
:risas:

Where do you get the idea that plasterers are less skilled than sparks or pipes, it takes four years to serve your time as a plasterer and the same to qualify as a spark/plumber, they share the same entry requirements and are paid approximately the same CIF rates. Wake up man.

While on the subject next time on site, if you are in fact a spread which I doubt, look at sparkies first fix , notice how switches lights , sockets all go back to the board, and have yourself a lightbulb momment...............rocket science it ain't. Some of the biggest plonkers I have ever met were sparks, though reading your posts ,I may have to review that position.

Sent from my HUAWEI G6-L11 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Where do you get the idea that plasterers are less skilled than sparks or pipes

The entry requirements train as a plumber or an electrician are higher (plastering doesn't have requirements)

And like I've said already to work with gas or electricity you must qualified! Most of the "plasterers" here don't even have a level 2 by the sounds of it yet they all work and call themselves professionals :rayos:

It's funny to me that what you think we do takes great skill, it just takes practice once you've been taught the correct technique. It's no more difficult than painting if we're being honest.

Wrong.........entry requirement for any apprenticeship is five d grades in junior cert one of which is maths. I know this because since 1994 I have put 5 lads through their time, three of whom passed their finals with distinctions, in the real world I dont tolerate muppets. this is my last truck with you.

Sent from my HUAWEI G6-L11 using Tapatalk

f**k me gamo ur a clown! Havnt read all threads but u talking utter s**t I can tell u for a fact I'm earning more than sparkys and plumbers u cnt justify charging wat u do because ur a chancer whos cum off a course saying there's more skill in sparky n plumbers wat a load of s**t u just dont know all the skill set it entails to be a plasterer

Status
Not open for further replies.