Some people.

Members online

Tinytom

I had a call from a geezer I quoted him a kitchen and cupboard re skim, celing was butchered to death by the sparky, walls were back to brick in places and loose render in others. A good 2 days work in anyone’s book.
Anyway I did go in a bit keen on the price as I’m stacked out and he wants it doing next week so I needed a bit for the hassle or rearranging other jobs and working the weekend etc.
I get a call today and he’s asked if I made a mistake on my quote as he’s had someone else round and they priced it at £250
£250 to prep and skim a full kitchen and pantry/cupboard what the f**k goes through their minds, guarantee I’ll get a call in a couple of weeks when he’s f**k*d it up

It's just degrading mate. Imagine having a reputation for being "cheap"

f**k that s**t. Graft all day get plaster on you, cleaning your dust sheets of a weekend cleaning van out for chump change? no way.

I had a call from a geezer I quoted him a kitchen and cupboard re skim, celing was butchered to death by the sparky, walls were back to brick in places and loose render in others. A good 2 days work in anyone’s book.
Anyway I did go in a bit keen on the price as I’m stacked out and he wants it doing next week so I needed a bit for the hassle or rearranging other jobs and working the weekend etc.
I get a call today and he’s asked if I made a mistake on my quote as he’s had someone else round and they priced it at £250
£250 to prep and skim a full kitchen and pantry/cupboard what the f**k goes through their minds, guarantee I’ll get a call in a couple of weeks when he’s f**k*d it up

God loves a trier. Send him a text to say that you did indeed make a mistake and you actually wants £1250.

See how he likes that.

What your price mind me asking

Had one similar for a huge h/s/ l. I knew the price range would be £1000-£1200 (the first floor landing wall needed 3 sheets of insulated board fixed lots of prep. I went in £1150. Client called me and said she had a quote half of mine. I needed a drink after hearing that.....a drink like a single batch fine single malt....a lot like the one up for grabs in the charity fundraiser..
https://www.plasterersforum.com/threads/you-can-now-donate.73684/

IMG_20181111_093755.jpg

when ever i get a call from a customer telling me they have found a cheap plasterer, i tell them it sounds like they have found them selves a complete idiot, and can i have their phone number as i will get them to come and do some plastering for me !

As much as I f**k**g love this situation, sometimes it’s not entirely the customers fault. The majority of them know and understand plastering is a “black art” and “cheap” and “good plasterer” don’t go together

But there is the other side where customer thinks out of the 3 quotes it’s a no brainer to go for the cheapest because the end result from all 3 will
Be the same. And then they find out this is wrong.

BUT the ones who get back in touch to tell you they’ve had a cheaper quote, this is interesting. It usually means that they preferred you but liked the pikeys price. I’ll normally not even reply or just say “good luck”