Spreads for spray crew BRIGHTON

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
what i am saying is you need to suppy and fit the complete package. not mix and match.
if i wanted to use a knauf finishing plaster i would have tried to negotiate with the architect to use knauf plasterboard and a knauf adhesive as a package.
which you should fit, otherwise you can not be held responsible for the finished work.
it does sound like a slap happy spec if they will accept any finish to boarding done by others.

Hi Mate if you ever need any help with MP75 Contracts would be more then happy!! Own machines and gene from portsmouth area, will travel anywhere...

The site agent seems to think its to thin. I told him all our work is to spec then all of a sudden the job has become BG only to make sure they get a manufactures warranty ( everything else is BG boards MF etc). Im sure he thinks we will use Multi (shite) by hand and we will do it the "old way" thicker.

If its not that reasone and a warranty issue then i'm not sure why they couldn't have said this when we started 2 weeks ago and we have had pallets of MP on site for a month. We did the benchmark room that we sprayed in MP as well.

does he think this because you're one coat sponging?

what i am saying is you need to suppy and fit the complete package. not mix and match.
if i wanted to use a knauf finishing plaster i would have tried to negotiate with the architect to use knauf plasterboard and a knauf adhesive as a package.
which you should fit, otherwise you can not be held responsible for the finished work.
it does sound like a slap happy spec if they will accept any finish to boarding done by others.

i think you know Sewell as the rest of us malc you may be right but the chances of it falling off are zero

I get what your saying as well Malc but happens when people use Knauf board. I think 90% of the tdimwits covered in BG

the manufacturers are in with the builders currier keep using mp and let BG price themselves out if the spray market, if it really does kick off they'll lose the board too

i think you know Sewell as the rest of us malc you may be right but the chances of it falling off are zero

i do not think that there would be any trouble with it keying.
but i know a clerk of the works who would not accept this. he has busted loads of subbies for not following spec. the last job i done with him it was the tiler he used a substitute floor tile adhesive. he waited till the kitchen was about to be fitted. then asked the tiler
why he had not used the correct adhesive the tiler answered that make was no longer in business. the clerk answered why did he make his own mind up not giving the clerk a chance to test if the adhesive was bomb proof [army contract] the tiler was told to remove all tiles , adhesive and floor screed as that would be damaged on a friday afternoon and have it all relaid for the new kitchen fitters on monday morning. however the clerk told him that he was willing to trade,he could leave the tiles down aslong as he paid the £10.000 needed for the roof extras.
the tiler paid for the roof extras. but when you are a contractor you will meet a clerk like ray the rottweiler as he is known locally

I'm covered its the dry lining companies balls up. They knew and agreed for us to use MP.

Status
Not open for further replies.